Wednesday, April 15, 2009

{Happy Links... Sad links...FYI...& Fun links....}

{{{CHECK THIS OUT!!!! GOOSEBUMPS
and I think Simon is in love}}
}

sigh... its cold again... I can see my breath... the kids are bored...I am bored.. so I'm blogging...just in case your bored.... actually I hope its warm and sunny where you are....
Read this blog
and watch the first video tribute. Beautiful girl.
Have some tissue though. Sad... tragic...

------------------------------
I got this email a couple of days ago and find it so sad when people try to make things look good or deceiving to pull people in. to twist and confuse people.. OPRAH is pushing this book very hard. there is a movie coming out of it too right away..... and some schools are using it as readable material......
Just so your aware pass it on....
BEWARE OF
If you have children or grandchildren, work with children at church, or you have neighborhood children whose parents you know, please take note of the information below and pass it along to others. Schools are distributing this Book to children through the Scholastic Book Club.

The name of the book is Conversations with God.. James Dobson talked about this book twice this week. It is devastating. Parents, churches and Christian schools need to be aware of it. Please pass this information on to Church/e-mail addresses, Parents, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, friends. Please pay special attention not only to what your kids watch on TV, in movie theaters, on the Internet, and the music they listen to, but also be alert regarding the books they read. Two particular books are, Conversations with God and Conversations with God for Teens, written by Neale D. Walsch. They sound harmless enough by their titles alone. The books have been on the New York Times best sellers list for a number of weeks, and they make truth of the statement, "Don't judge a book by its cover or title."

The author purports to answer various questions asked by kids using the "voice of God". However, the "answers" that he gives are not Bible-based and go against the very infallible word of God. For instance (and I paraphrase), When a girl asks the question "Why am I a lesbian?" His answer is that she was 'born that way' because of genetics (just as you were born right-handed, with brown eyes, etc.). Then he tells her to go out and "celebrate" her differences.

Another girls poses the question "I am living with my boyfriend. My parents say that I should marry him because I am living in sin. Should I marry him?" His reply is, "Who are you sinning against? Not me, because you have done nothing wrong." Another question asks about God's forgiveness of sin. His reply "I do not forgive anyone because there is nothing to forgive. There is no such thing as right or wrong and that is what I have been trying to tell everyone, do not judge people. People have chosen to judge one another and this is wrong, because the rule is "'judge not lest ye be judged."

Not only are these books the false doctrine of the devil, but in some instances quote (in error) the Word of God. And the list goes on.

These books (and others like it) are being sold to schoolchildren through (The Scholastic Book Club), and we need to be aware of what is being fed to our children. The children of our nation are under attack. So I pray that you be sober and vigilant about teaching your children the Word of God, and guarding their exposure to worldly mediums, because our adversary, the devil, roams about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). We know that lions usually hunt for the slowest, weakest and YOUNGEST of its prey.
-----------------------------
And just for a infertile laugh here is a button I found out there that doesn't have a working url attached to it but I thought it was so funny....

the infertile version of my baby ticker
NEVER DAYS TO GO
It hard to read but it say's
"Hey aren't we supposed to meet somebody here?-----------------
Are these not the cutest baby shower food or anything really{ ideas here so many great ideas} so cute {{anybody sell pamper chef I think I need a middle sized melon baller scoop!!?}}

How springy and yummy eh!!

----------------------------

How cute are these although you know I have a think for polka dots

shabby apple dresses for little girls

-------------------

and an great quote for today

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."
-Anonymous
---------------------------

Have a great day!! Make it count....

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow, I hadn't heard about that book. Thanks for letting me know, though. Sorry to hear that it's cold down there too, quite the change from Friday, eh?

Shelley said...

Thanks for the heads up - pretty sad some ideas people have out there. It seems like our kids have a lot more surviving to do out in the world than we ever did...
And I LOVE those little shabby apple dresses too...

Lynn said...

I read that sad story through Mrs. R yesterday. I cried. Truly SO hard. Maddie's dad was SO close to her. I am in awe of how strong they SEEM to be through it all. I am so grateful for the knowledge that THIS is not the end.

Thanks for spreading the word about that book and the movie.. I just recently heard about it and it's truly opened my eyes up to how this world is getting really good at making things bad look good...and the worst part is their target to the YOUNG children. Man! We've just got to always being on our toes, eh?

Cute melon idea! However, I really dislike the taste of melons. Any melons. Water melon too. Sad...I know. Everyone thinks there is something wrong with me. Just my taste buds I think. LOL! But it's a GREAT and pretty idea to serve. I will serve it...just won't eat it.

Are you thinking of getting that shabby apple dress for Lauren? That dress is SO cute!

Mindi said...

Thanks for the post about the book. I had no idea they were doing that in schools. How can they take away the pledge of allegiance and "In God We Trust" off of coins, yet make children read this in schools? Makes me sick.

Judy said...

I am in awe as I read about Maddie.So heart breaking. I can't even imagine. Thanks for sharing about the book. Definatly signs of the times!

Unknown said...

Beautiful dresses...I want some fruit now. Also...can't believe that book...crazy.