Saturday, October 23, 2010

{Attitude of Gratitude...}




 "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference."
 
“The greatest discovery of any generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitude.” – William James


The Power of Attitude
{from Motivational press}
Maybe you see the glass as half full, maybe you see it as half empty – but the truth of the matter is that the glass is filled to the halfway point either way. Your perspective doesn’t physically change the amount of water in the glass, but it sure does change the way you feel about the water.
Choosing to think and react positively to exterior circumstances really can change you from the inside out. Practice may not make perfect, but it will certainly help. If you start trying to see the positive side of each situation you face, you’ll soon find an optimistic approach comes naturally.


Learn to embrace change, and you’ll begin to recognize that life is in constant motion, and every change happens for a reason. When you see boundaries as opportunities, the world becomes a limitless place, and your life becomes a journey of change that always finds its way.
"....Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but by how we react to what happens; not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst…a spark that creates extraordinary results."

 amen eh!
If I keep telling myself all these things.... life will be better all around, my attitude will change and I will be a better person because of it....
just as each of us would be if we tried a little harder to be a little better small steps = big changes...

 ---------------------------------------------------
anyway
I have gratitude everyday when I look in these faces....
 we are so blessed with each one!!!! ...
love these faces... {even L's can I go now face...}
 ....a little sneak peek at what K2 will be with a few changes like a black head piece not a bandanna
....so cute I'm cheap {and went this route} since he doesn't get it yet anyway why not buy something he can wear to bed for another year since I got a size bigger if its cold he can wear clothes under it!  
thrifty aren't I ha ha!
--------------------------------------------------

and love that L loved basketball camp for the most part......thankful for all the things that make her happy...
--------------------------------------------
some fun Halloween ideas

Love these blocks from the crafting chick so cute....


and aren't these such a cute idea for fall or any season depending on what paper you use from little birdie secrets obviously eh!
....my cookies from last halloween so easy and got lots to make this week for L's class, the kids are always amazed and the are so easy...
-------------------
and these are they not the cutest skeletons you've ever seen...
------------------------
and great food ideas here
and that is probably long enough eh! 
Have a great weekend!!

Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Love all your fun ideas! And cute picture of your little guy!! Love it!! And love his costume. We're just using costumes we already had this year...even though they are a little small. And good thoughts about gratitude. When I was little if I was ever negative or grumpy about something my dad would make me listen to the song "don't worry, be happy!" I hate that song now, but it definitely taught me to be more positive and be happy. haha!! Life is soooo much better when we're positive and choose to be happy!

Lynn said...

Love the first quote on this post. IT stood out to me the most, as it was given in a talk again this past Sunday. It really hit home again with Dean and I. IT's so TRUE! It's all about attitude. Life is full of trials. WHy not look at the glass half full and "enjoy the journey". We are already here....why not make the most of it, eh? ; D

LOVE LOVE your kids' costumes. K2 is SO darn cute!!!! I am amazed that he will just sit there and not try to rip off his eye patch. So cute. I just want to squeeze him!

whitney said...

I really like the red bandanna, but I'll get my pirate hats for you to try too.

Alison said...

Oh my heck! I love K2 in his costume! How cute is he! Looks like lots of fun coming up for Halloween, you cute Mom!

Katelyn said...

Great idea on K2's costume, yes very thrifty! And I love those cookies. What did you use for the spider body? I want to make these for our ward Trunk-or-Treat tomorrow night.

Katelyn said...

p.s. not for giving out in the Trunk-or-Treat (that would be way too much work) just for the treat we are supposed to bring for the dance beforehand.