What have we been up to?? Well yesterday was Canadian thanksgiving. We had a dinner on Sunday with D's family so fun and a few surprise visits D's sister's family came too it was so good to see them. {I have no picture's from either day sad oh well}
and Yesterday we drove two hours to my brothers house and enjoyed the day there. I read a whole novel to the kids "80 days around the world" and they listened the whole time it was awesome THE WHOLE BOOK!!!! So the trip went by fast!
I love thanksgiving maybe even more than Christmas sometimes because there are no expectations, just good food, family fun, games, laughing and visiting and looking around and being thankful for all that we are blessed with....its
a feel of real fall.....
a tinge of crispness in the air
sweaters,
the beautiful fall colors,
all the scents of fall even my pumpkin Cinnamon lotion makes me feel all the more fallish! {I love scents that follow seasons thank you bath n body works lol}
I love fall especially the fall we are having we still have green grass which is so rare at this time of year in this country we've had a warm fall. So the leaves and trees had stayed there beautiful fall foliage color for even longer and I love it!! I love how excited my children were to play with there cousins and how awesome they behaved this weekend we were so happy and thought wow maybe they are growing up a bit!! It really was an enjoyable weekend.
Leading up to the weekend I made a batch of these for 6 days in a row to bring to both dinners...
got some crafting in.....
.....got my hair done roots fixed and feel so much better...
started yoga again 2 ♥ it.
----------------------------------------
enjoyed watching my kids play nicely
and three of us are getting over the never ending cold well hopefully its leaving....
so it was a pretty good weekend... other than that
----------------------------------------------------
Random Recipe.....
Great recipe from the biggest loser cookbook these are so good though made them this morning and all my kids and D love them so its a keeper!
Blueberry Bran muffins
400 degrees @ 12 min or so
1-1/2 cups unprocessed wheat bran or oat bran
1 C whole wheat flour
2 T ground flaxseed
1-1/4 t baking soda
1 t ground cinnamon
1/8 t salt
3/4 C milk
1-1/2 cups unprocessed wheat bran or oat bran
1 C whole wheat flour
2 T ground flaxseed
1-1/4 t baking soda
1 t ground cinnamon
1/8 t salt
3/4 C milk
1/3 C honey
1-2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 large egg
2 T olive oil {I use applesauce}
1 t vanilla extract
1 C fresh blueberries
1-2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 large egg
2 T olive oil {I use applesauce}
1 t vanilla extract
1 C fresh blueberries
directions:
In medium bowl, combine bran,flour, flaxseed, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. set aside. In other bowl or blender, combine the milk, honey, banana, egg, olive oil, and vanilla extract until smooth.
Make well in dry ingredients and pour in 1/3 of liquid mixture. using spoon, stir until smooth. add remaining liquid and stir just until combined. add blueberries and stir again but don't over mix.
In medium bowl, combine bran,flour, flaxseed, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. set aside. In other bowl or blender, combine the milk, honey, banana, egg, olive oil, and vanilla extract until smooth.
Make well in dry ingredients and pour in 1/3 of liquid mixture. using spoon, stir until smooth. add remaining liquid and stir just until combined. add blueberries and stir again but don't over mix.
---------------------------------------------------
fall.♥it.
Can't go without a quote for the day because you know I love quotes...
"What I know for sure is that the only way
fall.♥it.
Can't go without a quote for the day because you know I love quotes...





14 comments:
I'm jealous, I want to learn how to make those fabric hair flowers. Did you find instructions on a website? Or, better question, do you plan on making lots to sell?
Mmm, Fall baking!
FUN! I LOVE fall too! It's so quaint and peaceful! I'm going to go get me some cinnamon pumpkin lotion today! YUMMY! Cute head bands! We are making the little swirls into necklaces too! EEK! I love a good {simple} craft! ;)
Love the post. Cute hair clips. I've been wanting to make some of those too. Where did you get your necklace made? I've been looking at several online, just not sure which company to go with.
It was fun to see you this weekend. Those rolls were delicious! All the kids seemed to do well at the dinner. It was so nice. Great job on your projects! The flowers are so cute.
Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to have to make them. Darcy and I are both not eating sugar right now.
Thanks for the recipe!! Would love to know how to make your rolls too. Man do they look SO good right about now.
I'm with Holly....going have to go and find me some pumpkin spice lotion! HA HA.
And I totally love that shirt on you......your eyes are the exact same color. Very cool!
Your kids are so cute. Love the series of K2 walking to L. So sweet.
And I giggled when you said you read an entire book to the kids while traveling. My kids use to roll their eyes when I suggested it, but now they LOVE it. And so does Dean. Makes the whole trip A WHOLE lot faster. For me too. Double yay.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! HAve a great week Christal.
Ditto...Fall is the best! Those rolls look heavenly!
Your hair looks adorable. Your rosettes and crafts were so cute...love the cell bag cookies, and how did you mod podge around the top of the clipboard? I love making those clipboards.
Fun times at your place!!
Happy Thanksgiving! I wish I had me one of your gingersnaps right now! What a cute tag and way to bag them. You're so cute!
Okay here are answers to all the questions asked here is the tututorial I found online to make the rosettes
http://mysparkle.blogspot.com/2010/02/how-to-rolled-flowers.html
My necklace is from Vintage pearl great discounts found at retail me not and are beautiful...
here is the link
http://www.thevintagepearl.com/
and jill the clip part of the clipboard screws off so its easy to take off and put back on I just need to finish that part of it ribbons or something?? So easy eh!
Hope that helps!
Fun post. I actually have been making those fabric flowers today. I had tons of scrap fabric to practice with. Now to get some that I want.
I've also made a couple of those clipboards. I've never taken the screws out though.
Great quote too!!
I want to make some of those rosettes too. Just need to find the time...hopefully before they go out of style. Loved your headband the other day when you came with Kolten, looked so cute. One more question for you to answer, where did you find the cute printables that you put on the cookies?
those are from here
http://bethproudfoot.blogspot.com/
such cute stuff out there eh!
cute stuff! i need to make one of those clipboards, i had no idea how much STUFF (i call it crap, but my mom says it's not) they send home. i love those rosettes and where do you find your picks, specifically the gratitude from your last post?
hey Lindsay I just google and hit image and look through till I find something I like thats where I find all of my images I try to find ones that aren't personal blogs of peoples and just ones out there!
Post a Comment