....I was driving to town today listening to the radio station the new George straight song came on and it got me thinkin....part of the lyrics are...
``.....But Life's not the breaths you take
Breathin in and out
That gets you through the day
Ain't what it's all about
Ya just might miss the point
Tryin to win the race
Life's not the breaths you take
But the moments that take your breath away
Breathin in and out
That gets you through the day
Ain't what it's all about
Ya just might miss the point
Tryin to win the race
Life's not the breaths you take
But the moments that take your breath away
gave me something to think about that's for sure...
think about it whats really important especially to these little children, to those that mean the most and in 15 years from now the things we thought were important won`t even matter, because they probably had a profound effect on a little child's upbringing..whatever it is one way or the other. selfishness or selflessness.
gave me lots to think about anyway. good song. listen here.
slow down.
{picture courtesy of google images}
-------------------------
anyway.... our weekend consisted of b-day family party, date night which ended early cause I did not feel good, general conference, me in bed for about 2 days hacking, aches pains, etc etc...so not fun! D took the kids to the ranch twice they had a blast did some sling shooting and ran to their hearts content. So finally today I feel alot better and got alot of catch up stuff done. But through it all I have a pretty good husband that is for sure! He really is Superman jack of all trades including some of mine! That makes him an even better father husband and friend!
Anyway, its all good.
Me Thinks
-------------------------------------
The talk from the women's broadcast is so worth reading again and again some of my favorite parts {the laundry story is awesome} are don't know what I'm talking about go here .... read/watch/listen to it if you haven't yet what a beautiful reminder!
To quote President Monson:
"......Not only are we inclined to judge the actions and words of others, but many of us judge appearances: clothing, hairstyles, size. The list could go on and on......
...."I ask: if attitudes, deeds, and spiritual inclinations were reflected in physical features, would the countenance of the woman who complained be as lovely as that of the woman she criticized?
........each of you is unique. You are different from each other in many ways. There are those of you who are married. Some of you stay at home with your children, while others of you work outside your homes. Some of you are empty nesters. There are those of you who are married but do not have children. There are those who are divorced, those who are widowed. Many of you are single women. Some of you have college degrees; some of you do not. There are those who can afford the latest fashions and those who are lucky to have one appropriate Sunday outfit.
Such differences are almost endless.
Do these differences tempt us to judge one another?
Mother Teresa, a Catholic nun who worked among the poor in India most of her life, spoke this profound truth:
The Savior has admonished, “This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.” I ask: can we love one another, as the Savior has commanded, if we judge each other?
And I answer—with Mother Teresa:
no, we cannot.
{{love it}}
----------------------------------------------
Have a great week!




5 comments:
Oh totally LOVED his talk as well. I played it again for the men in this house to hear on FHE so they could see what they missed out on. Everybody truly loved it.
Can't wait for the conference talks to come out in written form on Thursday this week. Man, I couldn't write my notes fast enough. SO MANY great quotes. So many thought provoking and inspiring words.
Hope you are truly feeling MUCH better. Sounds like you have almost a bad case of Bronchitus. It will take weeks to get rid of that cough, if it is.
Love your family pics. Your funny face is hilarious!
Glad you're feeling better - it's never fun being the sick mom! (EVER.) I loved President Monson's talk as well - it's so easy to cast judgement so thanks for the reminder.
Hope life's great for you guys!
I loved that talk too!! President Monson was being sooo funny...it was really cute. And his words were so perfect. I haven't listened to it again, but I've been thinking about it ever since. I need to go back through all the conference talks...so many good messages. Glad you're feeling better...it's hard being sick when you're the mom. And such a blessing to have a great hubby who takes over when you are sick :) So sweet!
Glad you are feeling better!! That talk is a favorite of pretty much everyone that heard it I think.
That night Rus and I listened to it together.
Glad superman had a good birthday. here's what I love about the pictures, that he got candy and what looks like the P90X. (K looks really good in his glasses).
Happy Birthday D.....a little late. Thanks for the reminders of this wonderful talk!
Post a Comment