Tuesday, October 19, 2010

{Me Thinks...LIFE..}


Life is..sitting down to FHE thinking your husband has the lesson and he thinks you do.. it was a short impromptu fhe..

Life is...looking through thousands of boots online and only liking one or two and realizing you must be weird that you don't like any of the thousands you've looked through....

Life is .....Alone time when you distance yourself from the voices of the world so you can hear your own."{O quote} so true.

Life is....Amidst the confusion of the times, the conflicts of
conscience, and the turmoil of daily living, an abiding faith becomes an
anchor to our lives.
Thomas S. Monson {some of my facebook status' this week are some of my favorite quotes I've found}

Life is...your four year old thinking if he takes eggs

from the fridge and hides them in his room they will turn into birds...true story...
Life is...the older neighbour boy taking your four year 2 miles away across town and not knowing where he is till he shows up at someones house...... two boys who think the same way seek adventure and forget there are boundries, you know the free range independant kind who need to live in the country....some day hopefully

Life is ...sillybandz...the newest craze aound here ....and using them  to your advantage and getting your own to take away, trade and reward...wow alot is getting done around here wonder how long it will last though.....

Life is...when your 8 year old has daily {to much} homework... comes home and you have a hard time helping him....I am officially NOT smarter than a third grader...I know shocker eh...

Life is.... looking for your keys all day and finally finding them in your third graders back pack after school...nice....
Life is...going to the store to buy what little allergy free products you can use only to find out 4 of them are no longer carried, then going to find the only wipes you can use for your little babes bum aren't carried anymore either...

Life is ...buying something you think you can use only to break out in huge nasty puffy itchy eyes...{this is an old picture but you get the point}

Life is...being thankful for the Internet and finding some that doesn't have to be shipped from the UK! and being thankful for medication to get the eyes back to normal.....ahhh life eh.

Life is...escaping with your 8 year old for a day so he can breath, relax, be a kid and talk to you and feel like life is okay,

Life is seeing this babe grow being born at 26 weeks to this little beauty who is over four lbs now amazing!!! Seeing the miracle of life, technology and that prayers work.......is life at its finest...
Life is...... watching this little babe go from this

to this

....and still be a pleasant, happy, healthy handsome baby that makes your heart melt every morning you go to get him from his crib and he reaches up for a big morning hug and kiss.....

Life is...watching your little girl go through girl drama at such an early age sad :( and wanting to take it all away but teaching her along the way that life isn't always easy, and its about being the nicer, kinder person that wins in the long run
{and that maybe boys are easier to hang out with that bugs and basketball are alot better somedays ;) lol}

Life is...realizing how loved you are,
what a great hard working husband you have, what great families you come from despite the spats and misunderstandings. we are family, realizing how very blessed you are to have the children you do and working harder to develop lasting family relationships that will last through eternity.

That is life. here.

-------------------------------------
 ME Thinks

{to much sometimes I know} Life. I like to write alot about life obviously. the ups, downs and in betweens, the joys, etc... so have you ever thought about before this life?? I do probably more than I should I have alot of questions when I get back there I suppose we all do. 
But you know have you ever thought about it this way......I just read "The brothers" by chris stewart and near the end of the book a part of it really struck me and made me think how true, now I realize the book is fiction but it maked me think....

"....sweeping HIS arms across eternity, the father explained," I am sending you to earth at a very treacherous time. Once you are there, you will forget everything. And the things you will deal with will seem so important to you. Your everyday problems will seem incredibly large
your work, and your school, your family and friends, what you wear, how you look. Are you fat? Are you strong? Are your pretty? Are you smart? Do you make enough money? Do other people like you? Why isn't life always fair? 
Worries such as these may consume you and take all your time.
"You may obsess with disappointment; you may put all you focus on the pain. It will be easy to forget that life is always good - that whether you are here or on earth , you were meant to find joy.
So on quiet nights in the summer, when you are still and peaceful, I want you to look up at the heavens, the moon and stars, so your spirit can remember ....And if you do, you will remember, somewhere deep in your soul, that you are a part of a heavenly family, a heavenly plan, something eternal and wonderful 
and incredibly large. You will remember that your family is up here cheering for you, 
that family is the only thing that matters
the only thing of any significance. And though human language won't have the words for the feelings I will place in your hearts, your spirit will remember and you will long to be with me again." 
I will not leave you alone.

It goes on to say that ....{I know its all just part of a story in this book but it got me thinking and I love this next part...}

" it doesn't matter so much what you know, but it very much matters who you are! And who you are isn't left here in the premortal world. The veil over your memories won't change the spirit inside. Who you are doesn't change when you come to earth, and the sacrifices you have made in the premortal life will help to carry you through."
------------------------------
I love to wonder what things were like and question why we do the things we do if we only knew how important our choices are and how blessed and loved beyond anything we and how we aren't ever alone
we wouldn't do half the things we do.
We'd realize what the most important things are and work on those.
We were meant to find joy.
There is life before this one and life after.
I firmly believe that.
There are lots of questions few answers but
That will come someday.
Have a great week...

13 comments:

Katelyn said...

Great post Christal. That is too bad about the products becoming unavailable! I love it that M put the eggs in his room. I hope it didn't take too long to find them. I love your little family. I am so not looking forward to my kids going through hard things. It breaks my heart. Your kids are lucky to have you and D to help them through.

Nikki said...

I laughed about M and the eggs, that's so funny. Love the trials and testimony thing at the bottom. I'm thinking I'll have to get that on my wall some day as well.

The Lowry's said...

Loved this post. I love all your deep thoughts and thinking. It gets me thinking too and its good. Hopefully you found the eggs before too long :)

Kristyn said...

Funny about FHE, hilarious about M and the eggs.
Sorry about the products changing. That would have to be so frustrating. Lets us all know where we can write and complain. Seriously companies changing products is so frustrating for everyone, but especially for those who are limited in the first place.
I have been looking for brown boots for almost two years and have yet to find something I like.
So happy about baby Indy getting bigger. Such a miracle.
Love your quotes and thoughts as always. You are great. love ya!
Oh, and I may not pass 2nd grade if I had to go back.

KiraE said...

The eggs remind me of when I was little we used to venture out and collect cowbird eggs and try to hatch them! I also (and continue!) to look through thousands of boots online! I have bought one pair, but need one more, I swear there are some strange boots out there, and then all the ones I seem to find and LOVE are well over $200... There have been times already this year where I have had to talk myself out of going to school and pulling aside little girls that Bella tells me stories about to "lecture" them! Funny how things come full circle!

Kell Bell said...

I loved this post- especially that last quote! You are so awesome! Thanks for sharing!

PS: if you ever make it to Australia we will for sure show your our beautiful country. We think Canada is beautiful too- might have to return the favour. Keep on being awesome! :)

PPS: I love that the gospel makes the world an even smaller place and that we can have mutual friends and loved ones across Nations xox

Amy said...

Those silly bandz are everywhere. My kids want them.
I hear ya, always so much homework for kids these days. And I often have no clue how to help. Thankfully Aubey can handle the math and science, and I can handle the language arts.
Wow, Liv's baby is doing so well. Any idea how much longer she'll be in the hospital?

Christal said...

Amy they say for about 5 more weeks till she is breathing good on her own mostly. We have yet to meet her too! Can't wait!

whitney said...

Silly bands??? Where have I been. Look like the jelly bracelets we had when we were kids!
So did you find a place to ship to Canada or do you need me to check on shipping to my dad's post office box? Have you ever looked at bare minerals makeup? It's what I use and it's supposedly all natural. But your the expert!

Judy said...

So fun to read what life is all about and help me get back on track.....love the egg thing. so funny

Lynn said...

Oh man. Can Candi ever relate to your plight with allergies! We went out shopping the other day together and she had to be careful about SO many things. But still has that occasional BAD flare up from who knows where. Sometimes it just the people she comes in contact with at work. So she has her "drugs" with her in her purse at all times.

That is so funny about M with the eggs. Hope they weren't a rotten mess when you found them. I remember when we hid Easter eggs in the house as a kid. We couldn't find one last egg, no matter how hard. No one could remember. My mom found it a year later in the sleeping bag storage. Needless to say she had to throw them all out. It was a stinkin' mess I tell ya! I still remember the smell to this day.

So sorry to hear about little L already having to learn the hard way about how cruel some little girls can be. AND so YOUNG too?? Some parents really need to have a daily talk with their little ones to see how they are treating others at school. It's SO sad. But glad that L has you to come home to and talk it out with. You rock as a mom! ; D

Alison said...

Christal I just love you! What a cute post! I'm laughing about M and the eggs. So cute!

Melissa said...

Oh Christal I love you. You are so awesome. I feel like I hardly got to see you or talk to you when we were there last week. I don't know how that happens. We need to have Hannah & Lauren in the same class at school. They would have fun! Maybe one day we'll move to Raymond :) I miss you guys. Thanks for being such a wonderful inspiring person.