Tuesday, October 26, 2010

{Me Thinks....}

image from Martha

One of my favorite traditions is that itself.... traditions..... for every holiday there is something to look forward too something we do every year the same. I love the excited faces of my kids and them remembering what we do for each....
I also ♥ M's disgusted face when he scoops out the pumpkin guts, he has the quickest gag reflex at gross sights, feels and smells its kind of funny sometimes....
Love this kid we made muffins this morning the three of us and M  scooped everyone of these himself!

 .....of course can't forget this little cutie who helped out too!
 ----------------------------------------------

Me Thinks
I thought since I've done alot of deep me thinks today is a short one. I read this statement in a book I've been reading by Linda Chadwick that made me think alot about life and those that have such extra trials and troubles. So many suffer through so much I only wish sometimes we could see what we could learn from it first and then go through it. Because for each trial we go through there is a greater lesson to be learned if we make it through the "potholes"...

" Life is going to have its potholes and rainy days, but there will be sunny days too. Our potholes in life are only as big as we make them, and if life keeps giving you buckets of rain, well, then buy a rain barrel and wait for the sun, because it will shine again...."
---------------------------------------
RECIPE.
....And because in our house we have Taco Tuesday's cause tuesday's are our busiest days its kind of fun to think of different variations. Today is a crock pot variation that right now on a cold first snow of our winter day it smells so good ! So here is the recipe...{thanks judy}
Crock pot burritos 
4 chicken breasts
1 can of  15 oz corn {drained}
1 can black beans {drained}
1 can 16 oz of salsa
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
Put in crock pot 4-6 hours on low shred and mix together
serve on tortillas with cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream 
perfection.
----------------------------------
Have a fun week

8 comments:

The Spencers said...

Love the pictures of your kids. So cute. I always love reading the quotes you post, you always have the best ones. I'm gonna do the taco recipe tomorrow, it sounds so yummy and easy to make...my favorite! Thanks for the recipe.

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

We carved our pumpkin tonight, and I roasted the seeds...so good!
That recipe does look fabulous - I'm going to give it a try soon.
I liked your Me Thinks. I always try to think about that when things aren't as I'd planned. "There will be sunny days ahead." There always are.
P.S. I wanted to say hi to you at leadership...so HI now!

Alison said...

Oh yummy, you make me want to go straight to the kitchen! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I also want to make pumpkin muffins now. LOVE the pumpkin carving fun! What CUTE pictures! So fun Christal!

Kinsey said...

Christal I miss your cute family! Can't wait until we move in!

Ranae Broadhead said...

hey! for the jello if you just go to http://www.kitchendaily.com/2010/08/30/halloween-candy-corn-jello/

it will tell you how to make it... i got most of my ideas offline.

thanks so much for your comment :)

Kell Bell said...

Oh my goodness.... so much fun! We don't do Halloween here in Australia very much at all- but I might just carve us some pumpkins!! And the recipe looks delish, thanks xox

Kell Bell said...

Oh my goodness.... so much fun! We don't do Halloween here in Australia very much at all- but I might just carve us some pumpkins!! And the recipe looks delish, thanks xox

Holly said...

Random, but The new mindy gledhill cd is my favorite right now! Love your playlist.

Cute pictures! I too love traditions, and the guy that started planting flowers in the potholes! ;) Happy Halloween!