My little sister took this picture on one of her runs. Love it.Another day, another Friday the weeks are going by so fast can you believe it will be august next week. Crazy! On the spur of the moment last night I took the kids to KUNG FU PANADA with my sister and her husband and cute kinlee and aunt allison. It was so fun and the kids loved it! Masen actually did really good until he decided to be a human vacuum cleaner and eat all the popcorn off the floor ----yuck!!!! I felt like a good mom yesterday, so yesterday was a good day
today well that was another story!! Some days eh!!!
So anyway flashback Friday question of the day is a bunch of random questions:
What is the most adventuresome thing you've ever done??
Going to Germany with my mom in 2006 I planned and booked most of the trip activities and where and what we were doing when and it actually turned out it was a big thing for me that I COULD do it. It was an awesome trip! Loved it!
What is the first piece of furniture you bought together?
That would be our bed! We still love it!
Describe your cooking skills as a young spouse.
When we first got married I planned out like 3 course meals everyday { Because D's mom is the best cook ever and every time I went to there house before we got married they had such awesome big meals so I thought that's what I was supposed to do cause he was used to it } But don't worry I got smart and that only lasted a year. Now 11 years later he's lucky if he gets supper j/k ha ha
Is there a special smell that reminds you of your childhood?
okay this might sound so weird but the smell of cucumber and play dough reminds me totally of kindergarten walking into the room I can picture it still when I smell those two things together! But it always reminds me off kindergarten grade one etc...
and the smell of tar that's just been rained on or in the hot sun reminds me of the boat docks in Bella Coola when we were young kids running to meet my dad when he can back from a run {he was a commercial fisherman} I really like the smell.
What is your least favorite household chore to do?
I hate cleaning the bathrooms especially the toilets yuck!!
Did you and your friends play at each others houses, at the playground, in the streets or fields?
We played all day in the woods by our house building forts used our imaginations, ran, climbed trees, and didn't come home till dark! or supper time.I think its so so sad how we can barely send our kids outside without having to worry about some sicko or something equally worse! Kids don't get out enough or use there full imaginations enough! We had it good growing up.
--------------------------------------
Well that's probably more then enough! It's fun to remember things we used to do growing up sometimes I don't feel like I did much the kids always ask at bedtime to tell a story about when I was a little girl sometimes I can't think of anything for some reason!
Take a minute and watch this its 11 minutes long but well worth the watch.
Life is short.
When its running out you learn what is very much the most important things in life.
Which aren't things at all.
Have a great weekend.


8 comments:
I have a very good "smell memory" and I am constantly saying "Hey that smell remind me of..." Love the childhood memories.
like the memories. i think it's funny about the cooking. i'm still not that fancy of a cook. i do like to do big meal here and there, but probably not like kathleen.(rus is so NOT picky so it's awesome) also i really do not care about the blog background at all. it doesn't bother me one bit. i think it's so cute. madi and i just got back last night from apgar. it was a spur of the moment had to get out of here trip. we were just gone for two days but it was fun. we are headed out tomorrow. yeah, i'm so excited. have fun on your trip.
kristyn
I really have been wanting to see that show! Also, I LOVE that video. I saw Randy Pausch on Oprah last year, and have been obsessed with his story ever since. It's completely inspiring and amazing!! Thanks for sharing!! I think you are always the world's best mom!! :) Hope you have a great weekend!
Ok, so I will trade you cleaning toilets for vacuuming... I HATE VACUUMING!! Seriously, I would rather scrub the toilet. Yep, I'm werid!
That's cool that those smells remind you of kindergarten. IT's amazing what memories come up when we smell things. Our minds are so intricate.
I saw the video awhile back. I was sad to see on the front page of the section in the paper today that he has now passed away. So sad. But it was amazing what he left behind for his kids and wife. What an amazing man. I bet he will do awesome up there helping the Lord do whatever it is that he needs him to do.
Have an awesome weekend Christal!
Oh! PS. Thanks for your comments on my blog. It's funny that you think we have a big house. Actually we don't. It's quite amazing what kind of masses we can collect and put in this place. It's all about major thinking and organization. If you came to our house, you would be surprised at how small it is. That's what everyone says when they come here anyway. Especially when all 8 people lived here. Over half the house is just sleeping quarters. : D
Such great memories. I definitely have smells that remind me of certain events in my life.
Isn't it crazy how smells can remind us of things from our childhood? Don't you just love it when your kids start eating things off the floor...yuck! When I was growing up I never would eat anything if it fell on the floor. I have a friend who would eat anything....she would pick up chewed gum off the street and chew it (it wasn't her gum to begin with either)....now that's gross!!
Love the photo. Love your thoughts for today...love the new background.
I love that we have so much in common, the meal thing, the new bed.
I have missed your blog...as I am trying to be a better mother I am not getting around quite as much. Please know you are still very important to me, and I appreciate every comment and thought you leave for me.
You are inspiring. I pray for your little family often to find that next little spirit to join your family.
Loves.
Post a Comment