Monday, July 14, 2008

{ Me Thinks Monday }

ME Thinks Monday again ?? The weeks are flying by that means summer is flying by! It's been so nice to have D home we spent the weekend biking {kolt finally got the hang of it }, camping in the backyard{ which really only lasted until 2 in the morning thanks to masen. But you'd have thought it was Christmas the kids were so excited and that was the best part they loved it }, so we also got in some water skiing, tubing and boating and gettin eatin alive by mosquitoes {have I mentioned my strong hatred for mosquitoes!!! } They were horrid sat night at the lake, so bad that my father in law took off his wetsuit and his entire back was covered {like a feeding ground instantly} of massive mosquitoes it was the sickest thing ever. D saved the day and swiped them all off. They attacked him the minute his back was exposed.
We were all heavily spayed and it still didn't prevent the kids from looking like they had some disease, spots and welts everywhere for church on Sunday poor itchy kids! SO it was a fun busy weekend there were a few things I wish I could have got done or gone to but we can't do everything I guess. right.
-------------------------------------------

Me thinks

for this week is from a book I was reading and these few lines really stood out to me.

"One of the most important parts of life is realizing that the things you do affect other people. You can't do anything without it impacting someone else, and they impact you too. You're more then just a face in the yearbook or a name on paper.....and so is everyone else"

{"DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU'D HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU"}

We all have our stories in life and our decisions greatly affect others especially. We all make an impact on others in some big or small way depending on our choices. We need to be kind to everyone no matter what we look like on the outside we all have our stories, our own feelings and our own life experiences that bring us to who we are today.

Something to think about anyway.
------------------------------------

So here are some pics of our backyard camping experience! Fun times.
Anybody going anywhere really fun and exciting??




HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEK ~ MAKE IT AN AWESOME ONE!

"It's all in the attitude"

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

I remember one year my mom and dad gave us each our own tent, and we all spent the summer "camping" on the lawn. Those were some of the best nights! It looks like you guys had a great time camping out, too. I love the pictures!

JANEAL said...

It sounds like you guys had a great weekend (other than the mosquitoes). How fun to camp in your own backyard!

Jodi Pilling said...

Camping in your yard looks so fun! It really doesn't matter where you set up a tent/trailer the kids still have a fun time! Thanks for the great quote. Got me thinking.

Holly said...

Grr... misquitos right?! Looks like you had fun anyway though! Cute pics of the campout! Great quote too! :)

Lynn said...

FUn! FUn! FUn! THere's nothing like camping in the back yard. If I had known....I would have snuck over from our camp out 10 minutes away and peaked in your tent and said "Boo!". LOL!
Someday girlfriend.......

Jill said...

We do backyard camping too! It's so fun...but the mosquitos are EVIL for sure :)

Mandy said...

Matt and Tanner camped all week long in the tent in our backyard. They love it. Plus then I get our bed all to myself...lol. I'm not a very good camper.

Alison said...

I LOVE that you went camping in your backyard! Those are GREAT photos! Looks like tons of fun and great memories, mosquitoes and all!

And that is such a great quote, definitely one the world needs today!

Cheryl said...

We camped at St. Mary's this past weekend and the mosquitoes were so bad that no matter how much spray you put on they were still biting you. It was fun tho, I barely got the hotdogs cooked before a strong wind blew in and killed the fire. Vanden loved crawling around the tent, trying out all the sleeping spots, it was so cute. He was exhausted cuz it was too light to fall asleep. I love camping out, even when it's in the backyard. That's my favorite some days. I camped out one night on Christmas Eve with my dad when I was a kid. It was -30 out but it was a fun bonding experience. I hope it was fun for you guys too.