Monday, July 7, 2008

{ Weekend Fun & Me Thinks }

What a weekend busy busy but good. Lots of family stuff !! In short form we had swim lessons. a reception. a trip to the ER. {for Kolten} he touched something at the reception which was an outdoor reception and his eye got huge and jellied out like gooey around the pupil it was so gross looking!! Dr said it was a severe allergic reaction to something to bad we don't know what the something was! Its the second time its happened poor boy its kind of like the more he itches it the bigger and gushier it was! So some drops and a prescription and some benedryl later we went to the lake just canoeing cause every body was so tired and it was to windy to ski but we all had fun!
Anybody else think we have had enough eye problems lately???
We came back and had s'mores and a fire. Then Sunday we had time at both grandparents houses and then a final night with Ryan before he left today for two years he will do awesome!! Colorado is lucky to get him!! So we had a nice night talking and saying goodbye two years is a long time!! Its weird when we all grow up Ryan is the youngest of the 9 kids in D's family he has an awesome family 6 of which have served missions from France to Ireland to Ohio to Utah to Ontario to Colorado now! Wow eh!
So our weekend was busy and full of pretty much everything!

Elder R. Bevans

Denver Colorado south mission


The best we could do for a family pic with Ryan!


Saturday night fire and s'mores

Geeks R us!!! Think I could get a nice normal picture of us !Nope!


All of us who could be there last night! We sure missed all those who couldn't be there!
I'm constantly amazed at D's family the strength and example they set for so many is amazing they have had 9 kids and all turned out great {all have there own trials } they are amazing amazing people every one of them! The best parents who teach with love and by example I want to be like that and have my children turn out as wonderful as there 9 have!! They make you feel so welcome and loved no matter who you are. They are the best in every way!


The boyz - D and his brothers and Dad -- Great men !
What examples each one is to so many people. They are some of the greatest hard working, calm, kind to everyone, ready to serve, and serve with all there heart they are some of the most patient people I have ever met.

They are bishopric members, ym presidents, past bishop, primary teachers, scout leaders

no matter where they serve they serve with everything they got, and inspire those they work with.

An actual nice no faces pulled picture of Darren!!
I love this man I love that he is patient, kind and serves others, he is one of the most far stretched men I know hard working, hardly has time to do the things he loves and wants to do. As frusterated as I get that we don't see him very much lately I know that he is an example and help to so many. He is a great father, husband, brother, son, uncle and friend. I'm a blessed girl to be his wife and to be apart of such an awesome extended family.
-------------------------------------
ME THINKS

Tip # 282
From "Tip- A-Day Guide For Healthy Living"
Weight and Character are Two different things

Your weight does not indicate your character. It never has and it never will.
Recognize that who you are is more important than how you look.
This is so hard to do; everyday, society tells us the exact opposite. And when we don't feel like we look the way society tells us we should look {which isn't realistic} -our own insecurities often make us feel self - conscious, uncomfortable, and unloved. It takes only on a bad day to get lured into these negative, nonproductive thoughts. In order to stop thinking this way, we need to make the distinction between character and looks.
Focus on taking care of yourself to feel good: eat the best you can and exercise regularly to keep your vitality in this life. Your priorities will fall into place; you'll feel more confident, more at peace, and more loved by those around you. You were sent here for a purpose. Your good qualities and your purpose for being here have nothing to do with how you look.

--------------------------------------

Sometimes we base to much on it and it determines a bad day or a good day when its our character and the way we treat others, the way we think and act that really matter- CHARACTER. IS SO IMPORTANT.
--------------------------------------------------------
Totally unrelated to anything on this post but today
I'm so thankful for friends that call to see how your are doing out of the blue and for friends who bring you something just because they were thinking of you. I'm so thankful for such people.
I've had a rough long week and its pretty much how this month will probably be -- cranky, whiny kids, hot, missing D a lot and the kids are too! They are fighting with each other so much lately. And you know how fun that is. Sometimes I feel so draggy and naggy and inpatient,
but that's what each new day is for right. To Try to improve and do better!
Frustrating sometimes though as it is. It's nice to know your not alone.
I'm so grateful for friends.
Thank you so much Jen and Cheryl for your thought fullness it made my day! I so appreciate it! You are the best!
-------------------------------------
Hope everybody has a great week! Make it a great one!

Ryan with Masen on sat night

11 comments:

Danielle said...

My goodness, you guys and your eyes...I sure hope everyone is getting better! Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Lynn said...

Oh Christal! Love the family pics! What a gorgeous family you have. You are SO fun. Love the "geeks are us" photo. ; )
And you are right. The photo of D and his brothers and his dad is so Great! Love a picture of honorable and worthy men. Says such power.
I am SO sorry to hear of Kolten's eye. Yup! I vote that you've had enough eye problems in your house. Hope it all gets better soon. I hope you have a much better week with D being gone so much all the time. Just keep thinking about what Bishop Burton said to you. You truly are amazing for doing what you do while D is away. You are actually doing a bit of building up the kingdom in your own little space and corner. Just remember.... D actually can't do what he does without you and your support. That speaks volumes! You are amazing.

Betsy said...

I love all your pics, Christal! The picture of you and D is so funny. He looks great in that serious picture, too! I know you miss him so much when he's gone! I wish I could live closer to you and come over and give you a break one day so you could just go out and have some "me" time!

That tip-a-day book sounds so great. Very inspiring and uplifting!

I hope your week goes well and the kids have a good week, too!!

The Spencers said...

Enjoyed reading your post today. You always have such good quotes and I always feel uplifted after reading your posts! Seriously it was something i needed to read today. I agree with you sometimes the bad days drag you down if you dwell on it but I've been trying to be more positive!!! we've also had whining kids lately (so much fun)! Hope all your eyes clear up and nobody else gets an infection. That's crazy how much problems you've had with eyes! Sounds like us and our ears!!! Anyways enjoyed the pics too! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

okay, you and I wrote almost some of the exact things about the bevans family how funny. so people know now we really arent' making it up that they really are just great. i wrote mine earlier to day. just makes me laugh.... good pics. I don't know if the lighting was bad or what (it probably was me), but some of my pics didn't turn out, the lighting was terrible. oh, well!! still good to have those pics. hope you have a great week!
Kristyn

Holly said...

What a cute little family you have! I bet you are so proud of your missionary! So neat! ANd, I can't believe you had MORE eye trouble... I sure hope your stroke of bad luck is changing in that department! lol. You are such a good sport about it all though! Loved your quote yet again. It makes my day!

JANEAL said...

What's the deal with the eye stuff? Is it ever going to end? Cute family pictures. To answer your question I have a Nikon D60...I got it for mother's day and I love it! Great quote like always. Hopefully the two years will go by quickly for you all.

ehjenn said...

So your Me-thinks kinda hits home. Always a struggle to feel good about yourself, so important though. Gotta love who you are. Sure would be a boring world if we were all the same. Sometimes easier said than done.
I was so super serious by the way, I am fully expecting a call. Tomorrow??? I guess it's today now. 1:06am (I can never go to bed when my man is gone)
Have a great day.

Scrappy Girl said...

Loved looking through your family pics. Your family pics turn out about as well as ours. LOL! I have quit trying to make everyone look forward and smile...we just go with it.

Mandy said...

I love your me thinks quote. I have a couple of overweight members in my family and I know that they are amazing people inside but I know a lot of people only see the outside and then they don't get to see the amazing inside. So I know it's important not to jump to conclusions just because the outside looks different. Just like the saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover".
I hope things do go better for you this month.

Unknown said...

You guys are so cute. Love your thoughts too. Weight is a hard thing...for the people going through it...and it breaks my heart to see people suffering because of it.