Thankful Thursday
It really is a blessing to me to think of new things I'm thankful for each week. It really makes me more aware of all the blessings I have and the great things that we are able to do and be apart of in life.
--------------------------------------------
I'm thankful July is about over. This month has been a long single mom month most of the month D has been gone. But August is our vacation month. I'm excited to go camping, go to a reunion, do some water skiing and go to the lake for a week! AND Spend some good family time together! We all really miss D and he will be so happy to be able to take a breath and RELAX!!!
I'm super excited and THANKFUL for a much needed break to be doing this in a bit
and staying here doing some shopping, relaxing, sleeping in {what's that eh } and spending some time with busy boy D {oh did I mention kidless!}and meeting a fellow blogger! {Tell you when, where, who when I get back!}

I'm grateful Masen's finger is slowly getting better he will lose the nail and it might never come back but after about 20 bandages I'm ready for it to completely heal! What a trooper that kid is it seriously never even slowed him down!!
-------------------------------------------
I'm so so Happy and thankful for a girl I've known for a long time and her husband who just received a new baby girl through adoption this week!!
She had ovarian cancer years ago and knew when she got married that they would adopt and have been waiting for awhile I'm just so happy and excited for them.
LDS family services ---- ADOPTION is such a blessing in the lives of those of us who want a family more then anything and can't get it any other way.
I'm so THANKFUL for it.
----------------------------------------------
I'm so thankful for an awesome neighbor who helped me out this week at 4 am !!!
2 nights ago at 4 am my fire alarms went off. -Scary! I woke up thinking my house was on fire and since the record around town with 2 burning to the ground I was a little more nervous then normal} anyway I ran around checking things but no fire. I couldn't for the life of me get the alarms to shut off they are hard wired so no battery to take out so for 10 minutes I'm trying to get them off and calling all the numbers I had for D left a message but nothing.
I wondered after about 20 minutes who I could call to help me cause I had no ideas left of what to do.
Me being the smart girl I am probably would have nuked myself pulling wires out! So after a prayer and a phone call at 4:30 my neighbour across the street came over and helped me he was here in less then five min ! He had to shut the breakers off and disconnect the wires {so I never even thought of the breaker box duh!!}
Anyway sad thing through it all the kids never even woke up!!! And it was so loud my ears were ringing after 40 minutes of it!!
Anyway our neighbour took the alarm bought a new one the next day and install the new one for the one that malfunctioned. Didn't have to do any of that but he took the time and I so appreciate it!!
That is going the extra mile I am so thankful for him for being there.
{But why do these things happen when D is always gone?? Last time the sump pump broke and flooded the storage cellar we call a basement he came home and fixed it in two seconds!! That's when I feel like a true girl ha ha!!!
--------------------------------------
I'm grateful for babysitters that I can trust and guess what I have a great one who actually cleans and plays with my kids !! and takes messages and writes them down whats that eh!!
She has sat with me on Sundays for about a year and half she is a wonderful wonderful blessing to me. She is responsible, kind and loving to my kids and they love her too. She has sat with us so long in church now that new people have asked if she is my daughter.
I'd definitely take her she is a great girl!!
---------------------------------
I'm grateful for this
book The peace giver by James L. Ferrell if you haven't read it do it will change your life and perspective on alot of things.
-------------------------------------
I'm also so THANKFUL for my families health and safety.
There are so many people suffering right now from a 3 year old being thrown from a horse with skull fractures, to those who have cancer and battle new trials every single day in there health and wondering what is next, I have two friends going through leukemia right now and I feel for them there families and the lives that they touch, those who are struggling with the loss of babies right now I know of three, those who have met an untimely death at such a young age, those that are going through emotional heartache and those that ache inside for reason we don't understand.
Those that have lost everything in the house fires we've had around here.
I feel so blessed that if the least that happens to us is an almost severed pinkie then we are lucky.
My prayers have been long and my thoughts are overflowing at the trials some people are given but remain some of the strongest people I know. That is a testimony builder hearing the faith of those that are called to bare so much time and time again. and still continue to give and teach us all what is important in life.
-----------------------------------------
THANKS also for those of you who left a memory comment it was fun to read them and thank you so much for the words of inspiration and encouragement and the fun memories.
You can still leave a memory if you haven't-- Come on I know you want too.
Actually thanks for all your comments its always fun to read about others experience and learn from each other!!
----------------------------------------
6 comments:
I am SO excited for you to be going on a trip with just D. You'll have so much fun! My boys just flew there yesterday...maybe you'll meet up. LOL!
YAY! to great neighbors who will help you out at 4:30 am. I am not surprised that your kids didn't wake up during the alarm. HAve you seen that video that's been going around about kids and teenagers don't hear alarms for fires. It sure is something to be aware of. Scary. IT will all be up to us adults to wake them up when it goes off. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XKedodF2pk
I have that book the PEACEGIVER! I love it. It was recommended to me at the perfect time in my life. It sure puts things into perspective. Love it.
I too am grateful for health. So glad your little guy is healing. Hope he also gets a nail back.
Well, have a great trip and we'll "see" you when you get back. Can't wait to read that post!
You def. deserve a great get away!!! :) I too loved the Peace Giver! You are such a huge inspiration to me Christal! :) I LOVE your Thankful Thursdays!!
Yay!! I am so glad you get to go away with D and also have some relaxing family time. You need that, girl! I think August is going to be a much better month for you. Does your school start in August?
I know what you mean about things going wrong when your husband is gone! That always happens to me! I'm glad there was no real fire, though!
I LOVE that book. Actually I have it on CD so I listened to it in the car one time.
About the alarm, I heard somewhere that if you have kids that sleep through it, you're suppose to set the fire alarm off on purpose and wake them up so their body knows to wake up when it goes off. You're suppose to do that at random times so their bodies train themselves to wake up. I don't know if that would work or if it works it all. I just remember reading it.
Oh! So sorry about your fire alarms at 4am! That would scare me to death, especially without my husband around! I'm so glad you have such great neighbors to help you out. You're such a great mom! And I love all your quotes. They are such an inspiration to me! Thanks! Have a great weekend and a great vacation with your husband!
You are always so inspiring. You always have so much to say so much to be thankful for. I need to take time to do the same. That is why I love coming here. Congrats to your friends and their new baby. Adoption is a beautiful thing.
Post a Comment