Tuesday, December 23, 2008

{Me thinks and Merry Christmas..}


Me thinks a day late but I think we are all a little busy with other things this week.
I finally got finished some gifts to deliver they turned out good better then I thought at least I was happy with them!

This one was my favorite I love this quote!!

----------------------
Then for some very last minute Christmas neighbour gift ideas go here
For a yummy new hot chocolate recipe go here
For some fun Christmas decor go here


--------------------

For Me Thinks this week

I've been thinking so much about how December gets to be the busiest time of the year with almost everyday and night filled up with something. Then all the packages and shopping and shipping and delivering. All the worrying about forgetting somebody or if it is enough??

We get so caught up in going from here to there instead of taking time to breath, to read a book, play a game with our kids and

remember the true meaning of Christmas

and really focusing on what Christmas is about

of who CHRISTMAS is really about.


I think a certain someone likes us to be so busy with everything else, that doesn't even matter, instead of what we really should be focusing on and that is the birth of our saviour the whole


REASON FOR THE SEASON

"The true Christmas spirit is never found in a surfeit of things. It is less obvious in arrival and more lasting in impact."
-Thomas S. Monson

I hope you all have a great Christmas this week!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Your gifts turned out great!! And don't we all need to remember who this special season is all about? I think I get so carried away with the business that I often forget to stop and remember that it's really all about Jesus. My favorite Christmas memories are always the things we do as a family...not what I got.... I always love reading your blog :) Have a great Christmas!

Lynn said...

Amen again!

Love the gifts you shared with your neighbors. I have seen so many of those charger plates around and thought they were SO pretty and never really knew what to do with them. So smart you are! They look great!

Thanks for sharing those links! I tried Holly's hot choc. and it's FAB!

I have truly thought about the same things your ME thinks say today. I have had SO much fun this week, just doing activities in the quiet of our home with the kids. I want to share them all, but I'm having trouble with blogger. I will have to share as soon as I get that fixed. Anyway....I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about the same thing. It's just SO crazy out there these past few days.....I am just happy that I am not in all that.. I am at home with the kids and focusing on the real reason for the season.

Love ya! Thanks for sharing all that you do. I love coming to your "home and thoughts". : D

Betsy said...

Oooooo....I LOVE your gifts!!! Super cute!

Don't you just love Warm Pie, Happy Home??? She has a home that I would just love to walk into. I know everyone who goes in there must feel so welcome and cozy!

I hope you and your family have a WONDERFUL Christmas!!

Alison said...

I love your plates! Darling, you crafty person! Thanks for the great ideas. And your ward bulletin bloopers cracked me up! Looks like your cute 7 year old had a fun birthday, I love his answers to those questions. Must make you feel like you've done something right! (I know that's how I would feel if my son answered like him!) Have a Merry Christmas!

ehjenn said...

Yes, they turned out cute. I love them. Especially the Simplify one. Sure would look great on top of my cupboards. Thank you so much. We really do love it.
You always have such wonderful thoughts. You say what we should all be thinking.
I love ya, you are such a great example to me. Have a wonderful christmas.

Jill said...

Cute gifts! Great post. I hope you had a fabulous celebration!!!!