Thursday, December 4, 2008

{ Thankful Thursday, a Christmas questionnaire and the Grey Cup...}



SO thankful for this little guy we had a specialist appointment this week and I don't know if I've ever said anything before about Masen's severe lactose intolerance problem but its been really bad for over a year. We are talking major diarrhea it doesn't seen to bother him stomach ache wise or anything just a run down the leg problem that I am severely tired of changing!! Anyway the doc started him on "special lactaid milk" to see if this is his real problem or if there is a far bigger problem like a protein intolerance. So far so good we are moving from runny to pasty {I know TMI} but believe me if you were smelling it or changing it you would be excited too!! Its just got bad lately because he knows what he can and can't have and he wants all the cant's like cheese yogurt and ice cream poor kid! So he'll try to quickly sneak it and then we pay for it the next diaper change!! I feel really bad for him and hope this is our problem and not a protein problem. Anyway love this busy little guy!! I'm thankful for a ton as you all know but today real quick thankful that maybe we have a start to an answer to his bodily issues!!
------------------------------------

Now for a Christmas Questionnaire

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper or gift bags we do both
2. Real tree or artificial? We have an Artificial tree now but only for the past about 2 years {its nice -- no needles in July!}
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually around the first Monday night of December or the first of December whichever we talk D into first!
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually just after new years or news years day.
5. Do you like eggnog? I like the light stuff but not to much.
6. Favorite gift received ? The gift of Kolten in 2001!! The Ultimate Gift ever!!
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes a willow tree one {would love to get a fisher price little people one though for the kids!!}

8. Hardest person to buy for? D’s Dad / and probably D too!
9. Easiest person to buy for? My kids especially right now they are so into certain things.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can’t think of anything right now
11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards. Definitely snail mail. I love Christmas cards with the family letters and pictures.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? There are so many the oldies its a wonderful life, miracle one 34th street, polar express, a Christmas carol, the nativity etc!.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? If there is a good sale early then I start but this year I am so slow!!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Hasn't everyone recycled a neighbor gift when someone comes to the door you weren't expecting lol?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? The special things that are just associated with Christmas once a year kind of things.
16 Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? I love them all especially the oldies , josh groban, Celine I like originals not Christmas words or stories to rock or country don’t like that!
18 Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home , Christmas to me is being with family, and most of ours live around here, and we have such traditions that I love and have spent 32 years doing never missed a Christmas at home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Comet cupid Donner blitzen Rudolph and olive the other reindeer's ha ha! that’s all I can think of
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Big old metal star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve {new PJ's} and the rest on Christmas.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? the lines in stores and When the true meaning of Christmas is forgotten between all the hustle and bustle and gifts. WHat DOES IT REALLY MATTER what we get its just something we didn’t have the day before and we should be thankful for whatever it is!
23. Favorite Christmas tradition? Big Norwegian breakfast, Polar express night, Christmas PJ's, Christmas Eve program with family, three Christmas’s-- Christmas morn our house/ my parents house and the rest of the day at D’s parents house usually something like that.
24. Up early or sleeping in? Up EARLY!!! I usually wake up all night to see if it is time to get up yet. Seriously I’m worse then the kids!! I like to get up really early have a shower and write in my journal . I don't think my kids have ever woken up by themselves yet. d says I'm the biggest kid Christmas morning ha ha .
25. Who hands out the gifts? one of the kids hands it to dad dad reads it and the kid passes it to who it goes to.
26. Does Santa wrap your gifts? Yes {but with different paper then we have in the house.}
27. Do you tell the Christmas story? Off and on throughout the season and then its more of a Christmas Eve tradition dress up the kids and read the Christmas story.
28. Do you leave cookies for Santa? Cookies or chocolate and a thing of milk the kids love it!
29. Are your stocking presents wrapped? Yes .
30. Does Santa wrap your gifts? Yes

Give it a try and let me know if you do it so I can read yours! Have fun!

------------------------

AND on Tuesday night we had the opportunity here in town to have some of the Calgary Stampeders {CFL} come with the grey cup. One of their players Brett Ralph is from here. So they came and played a game of basketball against our basketball team it was so so fun! The stamps won, it was a riot to watch! It was the first game played in our brand new high school gym too which is beautiful!!

-------------------------
Well have a great weekend!!!

"Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love"!

8 comments:

Kim said...

I totally understand about the bodily issues!! It's so nice to see improvement :) And your questionnaire was fun to read!!

Lynn said...

Oh Poor Masen! I part that is just as hard on BOTH of you. : S

So glad you might be getting some help there.

Loved the Christmas tag. I could totally see you in some of those answers. LOL! Love it!

Lynn said...

Oops! My brain is slow today. I meant to say "I BET tha is hard" Not "I Part" What the heck? Have no idea how that transferred from my brain to my typing. LOL!

Alison said...

Poor Masen! I hope that all gets worked out for you. I love your Christmas quotes and the putting up the tree pictures. Cute family!

The Lowry's said...

Okay so this comment will have nothing to do with your post, but it is time nonetheless. I have been reading your blog for a couple of weeks. Yes, I know way to long before I let you know! I throughly enjoy your blog, your thoughts, quotes, all of it. And lately hearing josh groban's Christmas song each time I come to read and be inspired by your words. You probably don't have a clue who I am, since we have never met, but here is our blog address. I know Katelyn Skoien, she is in our ward and have family ties to Spring coulee and grew up in Raymond so I feel like I have a connection to you in those few ways not to mention being a mother, lds and all the rest. Anyways here is my blog address.
http://web.me.com/jclowry1

JANEAL said...

I can see why you would be tired of changing diarhea diapers. I hope you can get it figured out....poor little guy has got to have a sore bum!

Holly said...

Poor little guy & poor you! Is that your Christmas Tree in the pic? I just love that pic because you can see Christ in the background too. And thanks for another quote to add to my ever-growing collection! :)

DJ said...

Masen's a tough kid -- I'm sure poop running down his leg doesn't even phase him! It's you that's needing the relief the most eh!?!? What a sweet boy though -- I hope the lactaid does relieve the runny stool issues!
That game rocked eh! I LOVED it! I wish there were games like that every weekend.
Hey I did buy Kinlee a doll hairdressing head thing -- whatever they're called but there was only one on the shelf where I was looking. If you check back at Toys 'R Us I'm sure they'll either get more in or maybe mine was just mis-shelved. It's a Barbie Mariposa one. Maybe there's others too though. 25 bucks....Lauren would love it!
Anyway, I liked reading your questionnaire on here -- if I run out of ideas to post about in the next 18 days I might have to use it too. I like lists so it would be fun.
Well I hope you had a great weekend. Talk to you later. Deej