Saturday, December 20, 2008

{ My Baby is 7 today...}


Happy Birthday Kolten

7 awesome things about my handsome fun boy...
1. He is thoughtful, kind and considerate and a JOY to raise
2. He has a love for learning and a joy for all things new
3. He is a great helper to me and I always enjoy his company...
4. We share a few things that are special to just us, He always lets us know he loves us. He loves his whole family, grandparents, aunts/uncles all of them!!
5. He is a great friend to so many and is aware of those left out or who look lonely and always makes friends no matter where we go.
6. He loves primary, loves to learn new songs and loves the gospel.
7. He was and is the best CHRISTMAS present we ever received.
A long awaited gift of JOY {are we detecting a theme here yet}
-------------------------

So between Christmas concerts, birthday parties, preschool grandma day, and getting ready for Christmas its been insanely busy just like everybody else but crazy crazy the same!! So a few pics from the last few days and today! Is that not the look of pure Lego joy! Thanks to AJ {and all the kids who came he had a great day and loved all the presents he got, but he was mostly just so excited that friends came over to play!}

We had koltens birthday party today they all had alot of fun so he was really happy and Hyper! We had a family get together for his birthday on Thursday night after his concert so its been a crazy few days here!

He was a wise man in the school Christmas concert and he just wanted to randomly hold the joy sign from the tree just because I guess!


Hard to see him we were so far back and getting closer didn't help any!

------------------ And this little dancer Miss L. had a parent view day for us to come watch on tuesday she was way more excited that dad was there then that I was, but she did great. She has learned a lot and has a ton of fun! She really enjoys it! and Masen has been doing alot of this! He loves to make a lot of noise! But he sure had a lot of fun doing this. Yes he dented a few bowls oh and broke a wooden spoon but it kept him occupied for a half an hour on a cold blizzard day like this:





...it is so cold this is what the insides of our windows look like - its like a deep freeze actually my whole garage is a deep freeze. I put the food that needs to go in the freezer just on the stairs out the door to the garage and its frozen solid in less then an hour. Its actually colder then the freezer itself! BUT we will have a white christmas! CRAZY COLD though!

-------------

When you wish someone joy, you wish them peace,love, prosperity, happiness... all the good things.

----------------

Joy can be real only if people look upon their life as a service, and have a definite object in life outside themselves and their personal happines

-------------------

The secret of contentment is knowing how to enjoy what you have, and to be able to lose all desire for things beyond your reach

------------------

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

--------------------

Find joy in the journey

no matter how busy life gets...

------------------

And a birthday questionairre for the birthday boy all his answers {thanks lynn}:

Do you have any pets?* no

What was the last book you read?* This is the season
Do you like to cook?* yes with mom

What's your favorite food?* pepperoni pizza and chicken nuggets

What do you do best? Something you think you are good at?

* SoccerDo you like sports?* Yes all sports

If you ever had the chance to meet a famous person, who would that be?* President Hinckley

How tall are you?* I don’t know


Tell about a favorite event of your childhood.* Going to Disneyworld and Seaworld

What are your hobbies or interests?* make lego ships, help my dad
What country are you from?
* Canada

What do you like to do on sundays?* Go to church go to grandmas house

What do you do? What's your job?* I go to school and be a good boy {yippee I like that one}

What do you like to do in your free time?* Play on the computer

What kind of people do you like?* my family

What's something you do well?* play sports

Where were you born?* Calgary {he wasn’t but thats what he said}

Who do you respect the most?* My teacher at school and mom

Who has the most influence in your life?* MOM
Would you like to be famous?* YES at doing magic tricks ha ha

What do you think you'll be doing five years from now?* I’ll already be baptized

Where do you think you'll be living 5 years from now?* Here

What is your goal in life?* To be to be an awesome boy {I love this kid}

Are you a morning or a night person?* Morning
Which do you prefer, sunrises or sunsets?* Sunrises

Who are your good friends?* all my friends john, kaleigh, ainsley, Hannah, carter, blake, hayden, Jackson,

How many times did you move as a child?* five times

Are you a task oriented person or a people oriented person?* people person

What is the type of wife you would like to have?
* One like my mom {awww}

What kind of woman you like to marry someday?* one like you.

*What is your favorite toy?
*shark and ship lego I got for my birthday.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

I can barely remember that kind of cold. Brrr! I hope a nice Chinook blows through there in time for Christmas. It's hard to have snow and days off of school when it's too cold to play outside!

Happy Birthday to Kolten! I loved the pictures of the school program. Good job, Kolten!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Kolten! All your kids are so cute! Love the parents view day! Brooklyn would totally be the same way if Zach was there! Little daddy's girls I guess! :) More quotes for me to love! Thanks Christal! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday KOLTEN!!! That is crazy that the inside of your windows are frozen. Our do it, but we are in a old house, I would have thought that the new houses didn't do it! Ahh... it is so cold, but I am sooooo happy to have snow for Christmas!

Lynn said...

Brrr!! THat is COLD! Your windows look like mine.
Nice that you have an EXTRA LARGE deep freeze. LOL!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Kolten! What a great little boy. YOu are great parents. So it's not too much of a surprise. : D

Love the pics of your craziness this past week. So cute...the one of Lauren. My D said the other day, that he thought you had the cutest little daughter ever! : D
He is such a softie when it comes to little girls. I think he misses Cami being that little.

HAve a great week!

DJ said...

I'm with Sarah -- I didn't really expect a newer home to have the frost on the inside like an older home like mine does. Crazy that it's actually that cold out these days!!
I Love the JOY theme running through this post.
Kolten rocks my world and I'm glad he had a good birthday. It was fun to be able to share in his birthday on Thursday too.