Okay not really but I felt like it yesterday! What a couple of days it has been D has been away for three days which makes for long drawn out days, plus not feeling to good, add that with running around, dropping off, and picking up among so many other things! Just a crazy time of year eh!
AND
{fair warning on the picture coming up not for the weak stomach}
since its been our year for traumatic events and injuries involving
bocce balls L / broken arms K /
finger amputations not really but close M/
pink eye All / allergy induced swelling for K /
and yesterday I give you hockey stick to the mouth.....

to add to our every growing list for the year.
kolten was playing street hockey with a bunch of boys {I really prefer him playing with all the girls I think} anyway he got a hockey stick hard to the mouth and got a TOOTH KNOCKED out and his gums separated
YUCK YUCK YUCK
he was screaming all the way down the street.
I seriously thought my heart was going to stop when I realized it was kolt crying like he was and the blood was everywhere!!!!
So I yanked my two other sleeping nappers out of bed and dropped them off at a friends and ran to the hospital who called in some dental people who thought he might need stitches in his mouth among other things.......
but in the end we are okay -- no tooth---
but thankfully it was a baby tooth that got whacked off and not an adult tooth! He has to have xrays next week to make sure its all okay but thankfully the day ended on a good note
Darren got home after being gone for three days.
We had a dinner at our friends when we got back from the hospital so kolten was happier and took his mind off of things.
And the tooth fairy made an exception and gave him an injury pay of five dollars that he was more then happy about!
{Usually its a buck or two}
So we are okay but it really scared me it is so horrible when your kids are hurt so bad and you just want to take that pain from then it just about kills you! I've had my fair share of each child in the ER this year screaming uncontrollably
them not me
but I sure felt like I would trade them in a minute.
I can't imagine what people go through watching someone they love more then life itself go through horrible illness and disease.
I feel for them.
-----------------------------
Today is a cold snowy, blizzardy, day a good day to stay in we do have some fun parties to go to tonight so that will be fun to get out after being in all day.
But here is a pic out my front window

You can't really seeing the flying blowing snow in the pic as good as I thought but its blowing and dark out today. This house across the street just got all there stone work finished this week and it is beautiful I love it!!!
-------------------------
Other then that wanted to share some good
Christmas recipes
I know somebody asked for my candy cane popcorn recipe but can't remember who was asking me so here it is we are probably doing our today:
Candy Cane Popcorn:
24 cups of popcorn
3 cups of white baking chocolate wafers
2 cups crushed candy canes
Pop unpopped popcorn to make up 24 cups, melt chocolate, and crush about 18 peppermint candy canes in blender till fine, pour chocolate over popcorn then candy cane until well covered pour onto sprayed pans put in fridge for 30 minutes. stores up to 1 week in air tight container or six weeks in freezer. {We have put it in cute Christmas cellophane bags and given it out at Christmas. So good!!
---------------------
Chip Dip

Makes a great appetizer that goes a long way and is so easy to make my sil Kristyn made it last christmas and it feeds alot
1/2 cup mayonnaise or miracle whip
1/2 cup sour cream1 pkg. cream cheese softened
1 small bottle cocktail sauce or salsa {I use salsa}
toppings:tomatoes, gr.peppers, gr. onions, olives, cheese and anything else you like
combine first three ingredients and mix well until smooth. spread in pizza pan or small pan. then spread cocktail sauce or salsa over top mixture until evenly covered. add tomatoes, green peppers, etc. and cheese overt op to look like a pizza. chill until cold.
serve with tortilla chips
---------------------
And some fun Christmas gift ideas:
From here 103 Christmas ideas
to here with lots of fun random ideas
and when I'm done what we are doing for friend and neighbour gifts and probably when they are delivered then I'll share what we're doing this year! I'm excited~!
-----------------------
THANK YOU Jodi for fixing my Christmas card Header so it fits! Hopefully the Christmas cards I did get sent out are already there. Rebecca Cooper did exactly what I had in my head. I told her what I wanted and had drawn out and she did it exactly she is amazing! Love them.
So from my blog to yours Merry Christmas from us!
-----------------------
What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.
Agnes M. Pharo
---------
And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.
Dr. Seuss
HAVE A Merry Christmas!!
17 comments:
Oh my...you poor little guy! That looks like it really hurt! Thank goodness it was a baby tooth. Your recipes look SO yummy! I am going to have to give them a try. I LOVE DIPS...and I could always use more recipes. Have a GREAT day...love your Christmas card!
OUCH!!!!! That would HURT! Especially if it wasn't already loose. YIKES! You guys certainly have had a YEAR!
You are SO smart to head to the doctors and see if his permanent tooth underneath is still intact and okay. I was SO dumb not to have Cami's checked out. I just thought any teeth underneath are protected. It came out twisted, nerve damaged and almost upside down. : ( Bad mom.. Lot's and Lot's of ortho and MOOCHO dollars later.........
ANyway.....hope he feels MUCH better soon.
Thanks SO much for sharing ALL the recipes, and ideas. I am So excited!!
And that last quote is the EXACT one I shared in our School's new letter. The Principal wanted me to share a Christmas message as the Vice Chair of the School Council. Funny that you and I would be thinking of the same thing.
I will probably post my message, so you can see how I used the quote.
HAVE A WONDERFUL and BEtter week! *wink*
Poor K! You guys better have a great 2009 I think to make up for all the trauma in 2008. lol. It is snowing and blowing here too, I swear we must have the exact same weather patterns. :) Thanks for the recipes & the great Christmas sites and ideas! SO FUN!!! Oh, and I LOVE your new blog header. It's SO cute!
SO glad that he is okay for the most part. you have had quite the year with the accidents!!! your blog header is so cute. is that your Christmas card. or did you figure out some photoshop, if so I need help!!! hope you have a better weekend. we are hanging out downstairs with the fireplace keeping us warm.
I'll bet your glad 2008 is almost over...hopefully all the traumatic events will end. I can't imagine your medical bills either! Poor Kolten, that had to hurt. Have a Merry Christmas!!
First of all, your Christmas card is sooo cute!! I love it. I can't believe that happened to Kolt!! Oh my gosh! I know that must have scared you to death! Things like that are just so nerve wracking. I hope everything is okay when you go back to the doctor.
Thank you for all the yummy recipes. Sometimes you keep seeing the same old Christmas recipes year after year, but I have never seen these before! I can't wait to try them! :)
Love the header! So cute. You guys have just had a ton of accidents this year!! Well, hopefully we see you soon, but if not, Merry Christmas!!
Wow! That you guys have had a fun filled yr. Hope the new yr is easier on ya. Loved seeing you yesterday. Miss you all.
Oh and how fun to see mommy and daddies house on your blog. Excited for them to live there so we can play more. NO hockey sticks or bocce balls aloud.
We got your Christmas card yesterday. I love it. Very cute. It's up on our wall where all of the kids can enjoy it. Thanks a ton. I love the family picture too.
Poor Kolten! And poor you for having such a crazy week and half of it alone! Thanks for the recipes, we just got some of that popcorn and were trying to figure out the recipe ourselves...much easier this way. Enjoy the snow and try to stay warm!
Love the new header.
It was me! I wanted the recipe! Now I just have to find time to make it. Might not happen - I still don't have all my decorations up. Probably won't happen. And I didn't do Christmas cards yet, not gunna happen either!
Yowee!!! that had to be a good hard whack to the head!! Good thing it didn't get him in the eye. I told the story to Jethro, including the part about the tooth fairy leaving injury pay :), and he was duly impressed.
Thanks for the recipes--I think I'll try the popcorn one for sure. I think for my visiting teachees.
By the way, how is Rebecca Cooper--I don't know her in person but just wondered what was happening and if things are going well with her...?
I do hope you post your Christmas card because I'm DYING to see what you did.
Have a merry day!
I think I'm going to try the Candy Cane popcorn, thanks for the recipe!
Geesh! You are one busy mom! You need to take a much needed break! Have a merry Christmas!
It was great to see you all at the party on Saturday. It's always nice to see you. Poor K. Hope he wasn't too tramatized. I love the food ideas. I love to cook and try new things. The candy cane popcorn sounds particularly yummy. Stay warm...lol
Christal I LOVE your house. If we were moving to Canada I would ask you to find me one exactly like it (in all your spare time, right?)!
So crazy eh! The boys were telling me all about it on Tuesday. Sadie just lost her first tooth and it was super loose, so I ended up pulling it out because the adult one was already coming in. She was not too pleased with me when I was pulling it out. I can't imagine having it knocked out. Wow. Maybe he should just come play at our house from now on lol.
Post a Comment