{Click on this button to the right to check out this site! and get your own button..}It is SO cold this morning on the radio with wind chill factor it was -49 F {and -45 C } Crazy insane cold!! School wasn't cancelled for us though because where they do the temp is in a town half an hour away where the school division is and what it is there is what determines if school is cancelled for the day and usually it is colder there but today no. So we bundled up the poor kids and sent them! BBRRR. It was my morning to car pool too but D offered to come back from work and pick everybody up so nice!! So that was a relief! And we just might have a white cold Christmas this year how exciting.
So for weekend fun Kolt is doing much better and healing nicely. Saturday night we went to a family ward party and then a friend party both were a lot of fun. Nice to get out without the kids too.
Sunday was freezing one of those days where you wish you could stay in bed all day long and read a good book, but I didn't/couldn't and probably wouldn't if I could!
Other then that didn't do to much more then that.
I can't believe that Christmas is in 10 days insane!
I still have so much to do what a procrastinator I am this year!
With concerts, family things, kolts b-day, school parties etc
one word kept coming to my mind this weekend and it is
Simplify
so instead of going overboard with everything i've been simplifying. Its nice if I don't have to do it I'm not. If its not a necessity we don't need it. The kids don't need a hundred things for Christmas. and so on.
so instead of making fancy photoshop invitations to kolts party
I bought spider man ones to write the info in and lick the envelope.
instead of making a cake for his birthday party
I'm buying an ice cream cake with spider man on it instead of spending hours slaving over a fondant sculpted masterpiece lol ha ha
but you know what
we'll still have fun
he'll still get a party and
still be really happy.
And still feel really loved!
and that's what matters.
We can't do everything.
----------------------------------
So on to
ME THINKS.....
Christmas and New years is such a great time of year to change bad habits, bad behaviour, and self centered thinking that doesn't get us anywhere.
I've found myself lately wondering what makes people compare themselves so bad to this or that and to act so miserable like everything in life is against them, or use the littlest things for an excuse to make bad choices or decisions instead of being accountable for their own actions.
We are all individuals, all Children Of God all of us have special qualities and talents and to waste time comparing the things we don't have or what so and so has that I don't ......
is a waste of time, talent, energy, spirit and thought.
To give - and to serve others is truly what makes us a happier people.
It's sad to watch people become so bitter or obsessed with things that just don't matter. Instead of making the choice to be HAPPY with what we do have.
To make the best with what we have and to help ourselves and others around us to progress solely depends on what we do and how we act, think, and feel, and treat others.
See what a smile can do for someone or what a small act of service does.
Give of yourself this Season and all year through.
That's probably the best gift there is.
To Serve. 

-----------------------------
Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others.
~Gordon B. Hinckley
-----------------------------
Miserable people think about their height, their weight, their hair, their car, their clothes, their nose. They live in a world of their own. They say things like, "But enough about me...what do you think about me?" They run their own 24-7 self-service station. Happy people know that the key to being happy is making others so. They see every new day as another opportunity to make the world a better place by making a difference to others. Miserable people think of others only when comparing themselves to them. And when they compare themselves to others, they become either vain or bitter, or more miserable.
~John Bytheway
----------------------
----------------------
{So does anybody have any great Christmas gift ideas for Teachers they'd like to share???}
--------------------
Have a great week! Make it count.


7 comments:
Brrrrr, indeed! I didn't even want to leave the house today. Good thoughts about miserable people - they usually are all about me, me, me, and I can relate as I am often one of them!
As for teacher gifts - I loved all of mine and kept them all, but I only taught the one year before bowing out for motherhood. But I did hear other teachers say that they often have garage sales because there is no way they could ever use every mug, wall hanging, ornament, or any other cutesy thing that is typical. Treats are good but again there is a lot of overload. I would recommend something for the classroom. Sadly, things like a roll of stickers or a new book or a set of stamps comes out of the teacher's own $$$ because it is those little things that make an ordinary class special,but there just isn't the budget for it.
I agree with Sharon....teachers ALwAYS love supplies they can use in the classroom. We have a whole family of Teachers on both sides of our families. Trust me. I would know. LOL!
As for you Me Thinks! Awesome! Those quotes are fabulous!
And YOU know what I think about the word SIMPLIFY, eh? I have it displayed up at my house 24/7. When kids just keep aging, life just gets crazier. Simplifying is the best way to go! Good for you! Love that you are doing that.
Have a GREAT week! And stay warm!!!
I am so sick. I prayed hard that I could get through my performance on Sunday at our Stake Carol Festival. The Lord helped me totally! As soon as I got home, I crashed. I have NO voice. : (
AT least my song is now done. LOL!
I LOVE this post and totally needed to be reminded of the SIMPLIFY part! Thanks Christal. I got your DARLING Christmas Card in the mail yesterday. Thank you so much! You are so sweet! It was a fun surprise, and now I wish I would have mailed mine out! :) Next year I'll be more on top of it I hope! I'll see if I can dig up so teacher's gifts.
Your Christmas card looks great. It is so true about service, not comparing to others and just be happy with what you have. I feel the same way. I love reading your blog. Thanks for all your words of inspiration and things to get me 'thinking' about life.
Oh Christal, you haven't changed!!! I'm SOOO glad!! Love reading your blog, love your cutsey family, love you!!
Merry Christmas!!!
Oh and did you ever get my address??
Wow--I love your quotes today!! Keep those around for when your kids get to be teenagers! That is when they get so into comparing themselves with others!!
Thank you so much for your sweet Christmas card! I love it and it meant so much to me.
Have a great week. Simplify and just enjoy the season. I hope it warms up a little! :) Brrrrrrr!!!
Oh...that is way too cold! I love your "simplify" message. I think so many times I get caught up in everything I have to do (or think I should be doing) when really I should be focusing more on the important things. I love reading your blog and the messages you share :)
Post a Comment