Question today is What is your favorite hymn?
{That's not really flashback but more my preference I guess. So hard to pick just one I have so so many but this one is one of my favorite hymns and since I really want to get outside cause its beautiful out follow this link and read the words. What words to live by. How better off the whole world would be if we followed each word of this hymn. D's uncle wrote the music to this hymn to so it's a special hymn to our family a personal link I guess? I love the scripture that goes along with it too in
John 13" 34-35
"34: A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love another, as I have loved you, that ye also love one another
35: By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
I just love hymns that make me want to do better and make me ask questions like why can't we all be nicer? why do we judge? how/who can I help ?? We are all so different and all unique but the biggest problem in this world is judging others and discriminating against our differences, or one feeling better then the other instead of just loving everyone for who they are no matter what there is good in everyone sometimes you have to look hard but there is. Being happy for others instead of judging or really getting to know others, there struggles, happiness etc.
{I saw a man with earrings everywhere and tattoos up and down his arms and chains yesterday riding a bike towards town which is about 20 min driving and I thought oh he probably got his license taken away??? Then I caught myself and thought how do I know I just judged him by the way he was dressed and looked maybe he just was going for a bike ride WHO knows?? It was a good lesson for me}
I love a hymn that brings a memory with it I remember singing at age 9 at my grandmas funeral and a cousin who died on her way home from Ricks in 95"God be with you till we meet again" and it always brings tears to my eyes remembering, there are so many great hymns. I love music!! What is your favorite hymn?
Anyway have a beautiful weekend ! Make it an awesome one.
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Thanks for you thoughts today... I totally agree. It's the little things that a person must do to make sure that they're not judging another. That is so cool that D's Uncle wrote that hymn! And to answer your question, I can never just choose ONE hymn. So these are my all time favorites:
*Where Can I Turn for Peace?
*Abide with Me Tis Eventide
*I Know that My Redeemer Lives!
*I Need Thee Every Hour
*More Holiness Give Me
If I could have my way, we would sing these songs all the time in Church :)
Thanks for reminding me of the importance of the Hymns!
Oh man! My computer won't let the link completely download. What is the hymn? I want to know....especially if it is a family hymn. WOW! THat is cool.
Oops! Never mind! I didn't read far enough yet.. I think I can safely guess from the scripture you posted what the song is. That is SO cool! From now on everytime we sing that song, I'll be remembering this post.
You are so right about how quick we all are to judge. Like we were born to judge, but yet we were not. Look how unjudgemental children are. They are so sweet towards anyone, but then slowly over time they take on the attitudes of others around them. If only we could all be like little children.....sure....they have their moments when they fight over a toy or whatever...but then they are so muh quicker to forgive and forget.
I too like " God be with you till we meet again." and any Hymn that evokes powerful and strong feelings of the spirit....those that confirm and add to my testimony.
"I know that my Redeemer Lives." But one I really loved playing on the organ when I was the organist was "O, my Father", "I stand all Amazed" and " How great Thou art". But then there's the hymns that get you "pumped" and ready to stand strong and firm.....I love that it gets my boys sitting up and singing loud and strong, "Called to serve" and "Battle Hymn of the Republic" and "Carry on"!!
Three hymnns come to mind:
*When I Survey The Wondrous Cross
*It Is Well With My Soul
and
*Blessed Assurance
I love the first two because of their WONDERFUL words!! (Not so much the music.)
Blessed Assurance is just one that takes me back to my childhood days.
Post a Comment