Thursday, May 1, 2008

{Thankful Thursday}

Probably flashback Friday too ! 11 years ago May 2 D and I were married!! So here is a little background--- I couldn't have been more excited, happy, {overwhelmed that friends came along way Rose, Tasha, Sara S. I love you guys.}
We felt so loved and had so many people come to the temple and the reception. It was a perfect day everything turned out just the way I always dreamed. I'd waited 7 months for him to ask me and we were engaged for 3 months.
We met at Ricks I knew who he was he didn't know who I was {we were from the same town but he was two grades ahead of me} So his first words to me were "Who are you?" If that isn't embarrassing what is, I probably looked like a stalker tracking him down on campus! Oh well I got a ride home that semester from him and we talked the whole way home and I swear it was love at first sight for me he was everything I ever wanted in a husband, Good looking cowboy, kind, smart, returned missionary, always serving others, awesome family and he was kind and respectful to everyone ! He still is all those things. Thats what I love about him. We dated for quite awhile {in my books} it took him a little longer. Months of torture from people embarrassing us with questions like "you got a ring yet" or when's the big day" when we weren't even engaged I hated it I felt like maybe D would run the other way. But after a lot of dating and really getting to know each other I really knew for sure and he did too by the time we were engaged I didn't learn anything new besides what I was supposed after getting married. D even went back to Ricks when the next semester started ----for one day then I like to think he missed me so much and he enrolled in college here and we continued dating. That was a happy day when people told me he was back!!! I'm pretty sure I cried alot. I was pretty pathetic in the dating D era {just ask my sisters lol} I was always waiting for him to call and wouldn't go out sometimes cause HE was going to call. Oh well.




Anyway I am so thankful for D for our marriage for all we have learned over the years. We started out farming, me too baling and driving tractor for D's dad, he worked at a cement plant, I worked at a subway, then I worked as a teachers assistant then D decided it was time for a bachelors so we moved to Logan, UT for 2 years, alot of tears were shed in those days over never getting pregnant we had been through alot of fertility testing and treatments before we moved to Logan and it was a really hard time but it was also when we knew we could adopt and we could love those little babies as our own as if they had been born to us.
SO we moved home after D graduated to start our paperwork and got jobs and continued on with life.

So here we are 11 years later three beautiful birthmothers later placing three beautiful children with us to make us a family, years of tears, hard work, lots of paperwork, a masters degree later we are living, loving, and laughing. Couldn't be happier we look forward to an eternity more as a couple and a family. We are blessed. Watched over. and HAPPY. I love D so much he is a great father, husband, boss, worker, bishopric member, best friend, son, uncle, brother. Most of all my best friend. He makes me a better person and is always kind and patient and makes time for us in his busy schedule. We work so good together and sometimes its weird that we get along so well we have fun, we laugh a lot and through good times and bad times we depend on each other and grow closer and stronger. I love him more then anything. What a great 11 years all of it!!!
So for your viewing pleasure ha ha {and fair warning on the ruffly, puffy,sequined, big dress and bow ties, and windblown hair things change a lot in that number of years } anyway here are some pics from back in the day scary as they are its funny because they are pre digital and I notice all the things I would love to do again but it was the year and things just keep getting better! Now you see all the beautiful dresses and pictures and decorations that would be so fun to do but oh well, it makes us look old but here they are!! {they don't scan very good either but ..} Have a great weekend ! { On an exciting note my brother in law got his mission call yesterday to the Colorado Denver South mission }






Mr squinter and I 11 years later {actually technically this is last years picture but you get the point!} Happy Anniversary Babe!

17 comments:

Mindi said...

WOOOOOW! All I can say is Wow! i'M totally speachless! You are so cute! I love the sweet hair-do and ruffles! Congrats you two!

Kimberly said...

What a beautiful bride you were! Congratulations on eleven years of marriage, and on everything you've accomplished as a couple in that time. I love your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

JANEAL said...

Isn't funny to look back at wedding pictures and see how much the styles have changed. I always look at mine and think...what was I thinking when I picked my colors for my reception. Hope you have a great anniversary.

Rose said...

Christal, love your blog today! Wow, that really takes me back. I'm so glad I got to be there that day. You guys seemed so perfect together. And look now, you still are! We were so young back then. Nowadays, kids getting married at that age seem so young,don't they? Thanks for sharing your pics. I don't think I ever got to see them, except the ones I took myself. Congrats on 11 years! Wishing you an eternity of love and happiness. Love ya, Rose

Holly said...

Happy Anniversary! It's crazy how time flies by. You are such a cute couple!

Lynn said...

OH WOW! I have mascara in my eyes now and they are burning! You made me totally cry. That was beautiful and so heartfelt. I think your music playing on your blog has something to do with it to, maybe. : D
THanks SO much for sharing that. I have always thought that you look SO young for your age. Then I see these VERY cute wedding pics and I think "Sheesh! They were just little babes!". LOL! You two are SO cute together. You truly are the perfect match. Obviously made in heaven.
HAVE THE BEST ANNIVERSARY YET TODAY!! Blog what you did for your anniversary later, kay?
P.S. Congrats to your brother on his mission call. Cool!

ec said...

i love this.

so, so real.

and those pictures are to die for. i love every single one of them. you guys are adorable;)

Betsy said...

Awww.....that is such a sweet blog today1!! Congratulations to you guys!!! May God bless you with many more wonderful years together.

I really enjoyed reading your story!

Unknown said...

Such beautiful words. I love that you shared them with us and the photographs as well. Happy 11 years. They sound incredible, and it sounds like your marriage is just as incredible. Best wishes on the next 11!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Hope you have a good one. so funny about Darren and his squinty eyes. i used one of the pics on the family website, i couldn't resist!!! so fun to look back at those pictures, being i wasn't around then. oh, how times change. great post!!! we love you both lots.

Mandy said...

congrats on 11 years and many more together!

Sharon said...

Oh, the 90's!!!! I actually wouldn't have pictured you as a frilly ruffles and lace kind of gal...but you do look cute! Happy anniversary!

Sharon said...

ps does listing you under "hoping to adopt" count as an announcement? Are you hoping for #4?

Christal said...

yep!! someday!

Amanda said...

Cute pictures! Isn't it so fun to go back and look at pictures and remember the first years of your marriage?

T. Lopez said...

Oh wow, that was so long ago!! It doesn't feel like it, but then to think of all the changes 11 years can bring...
I'm so glad I was able to be there, I wouldn't have missed your day for anything!
Love the wedding pictures! You look so pretty, you're one of those lucky women who just keeps getting prettier too..
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CHICKA PAE!!! Lotsa love =)

M said...

Ok I know this post was way back when, but i cant halp it, I think you looked gorgeous!!!

Still do BTW.