Monday, May 5, 2008

{Me thinks Monday}

Another Monday the weeks are flying by I can't believe its May already wasn't it just Christmas? So Friday night for our anniversary went on a date ate dinner in a water tower, a fancy restaurant it was actually really good and nice to just sit and talk, then we hung out at walmart realized we were old and boring couldn't think of anything else to do so went home. Happy anniversary to us ha ha I did get a filter for my camera lens though!! It was a nice night just to get out {and not have to pay a bsitter too} our bishops wife T wanted to babysit the kids for our anniversary so she watched them at their house then came home to put them to bed, locked the doors and she fell asleep putting Masen to bed and Lauren never got put to bed and was still up at 10:30 when we got home and we couldn't get into the house so we rang the doorbell a couple of times. It was nice of her to babysit and the kids love her. Lauren loves them so much she glue sticked their big flat screen t.v while T was on the phone!! So 3000 dollars later and officially the most expensive date ever here we are!! j/k the glue thankfully came off and the Bishop isn't going to kill us and our children {they secretly forgot what it was like to have a 2 and 3 year old around their youngest is 6 so yah} Good times we actually were physically sick about the tv thinking we would have to pay for it until we called sat morning to see if it had all come off thank goodness it did!!! Oh the joys of being parents !!
Sat was a really nice day Kolten went to work with Darren I took the kids to the park and had a picnic with L and M, then M lost diaper through bottom of his shorts escaping through a hole in the fence, chasing the lovely robin and I had no other diaper so we hurried home. Then that afternoon Kolt and Darren went WATER SKIING -----almost but the boat wouldn't start so they came home {don't worry they had dry suits cause pretty sure there is still ice somewhere out there along the shore die hards!!} But they were looking forward to it.
The kids had fun {I even got a sunburn riding my bike to the park and watching the kids play}




Love this picture of Masen he looks so excited to go down the slide!









I think this boy was totally worn out by the time bedtime came and Dad got on the phone! He had a fun day though so that's what counts!!
--------------------------------------------------------

For ME THINKS this week I'm using something I've already posted long ago but I still think about it because it happens a lot. When you have nothing to say or you fear something stupid will come out of your mouth and sometimes it does and you think "why did I say that, that was so dumb! or a joke or line that falls flat! {and you think they are going to remember it forever when really they probably didn't even give it a second thought}.... {I saw this in a book and this is exactly how I feel sometimes so thought I'd share it again } Some of us are just quiet until we get to know people better.


"I wonder how many people, like me, have a reputation for being snobby (people would say they thought I was snobby until they met me and just realized I was shy) when all we're doing is freezing up in an uncomfortable situation. Why is it such a crime to be quiet? Why do people seem to think that silence is grounds for being hurt, or offended, and think that you should say something, anything, even when you have nothing to say?

"The shell must break before the bird can fly." - Tennyson

Just a thought. I've done it I guess its called judging a book by its cover until you really get to know whats inside how can we make a call on whether somebody is snobby, shy or just doesn't like talking a lot?? Something to think about.
Have a great week make it a great one!

-WHATEVER YOU ARE, BE A GOOD ONE. -Ab Lincoln
------------------------------------------------------

On a side note thought this was funny!! Gas prices are so ridiculous everywhere.

10 comments:

JANEAL said...

Oh man....I'll bet you're SO glad the glue came off the TV. I wouldn't have been able to sleep that night because I would have been worring about it. I'm glad to hear you had a great anniversary.

Lynn said...

Oh boy! Glue on a TV. Not a very good feeling at all. That water tower restaurant...is that in Lethbridge? We have driven by there a couple of times and wondered what it would be like inside. Did not know that it was a fancy restaurant. Will have to try it out sometime.

Looks like Kolten had a really tiring day! Where do you keep your boat? That must be a lot of fun.

About your ME thinks...I totally wonder that too. I am the same way. People ask me if I am upset, whenever I am just sitting there thinking or contemplating. I like to just sit and "be still" lots'. It's funny what people think and ASSUME, eh?

Sharon said...

Remind me never to babysit for you!!!! Sooooo happy for you that the glue came off and that T gave you a night out. I wonder what Lauren was up to the whole time??? Maybe we don't want to know.

I have also been classified as a snob. Especially because I don't always have a ridiculously huge smile on my face 24/7. People are funny.

ehjenn said...

It's just other peoples insecurities when they judge before they should. I have been a snob or so people thought. It makes me sad. Like super sad. If only nobody was ever teased as a teenager or snubbed by the popular kids, then there would be no silly insecurities. I only wish I could save my beautiful girls and all the other beautiful children I love.
OK so that is so funny. Lauren is AWSOME!!! Only cause it came off of course. I am just thinking of her alarm pulling as well.
I also love that T would do that for you. What a woman she is.
Have a great week.
Jenn

Mandy said...

Okay, so a couple of weeks ago at church while we were waiting to go into the classroom, Matt was talking to me and I did the "retarded" sign to him because I was having a rough day but he knows what it means BUT there were some people around him and I'm pretty sure they don't know that it's a "thing" that only Matt understands and they probably thought that I was calling Matt a retard when I really wasn't. It was akward but I got over it a week later. It's something that I should probably be more careful about because it's not a good thing if people don't know what it means but oh well. I adore Matt and if people don't think that, then they don't know me very well. We all are imperfect. It's so nice that you could go out for a date with D. KIDS!!!! Oh man! I would have killed myself if that happened...not really but I would have totally freaked out! You probably handled it much better than I would have. I agree with Jenn, it's really insecurity that people aren't more outspoken. Sometimes we have to take it with a grain of salt. The thing that I try to remember is that I've been the new person and remember what that feels like so sometimes we have the bigger responsibility to befriend new people because we know that feeling. Sometimes its really hard because of our own lack of confidence but even just saying hi is better than not attempting anything at all.
Okay, sooooo sorry for the long response. Talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog Christal! And I love that quote by Abe! It's one of my alltime faves! Happy anniversary too! You're the best!

T. Lopez said...

Wow, my internet is holding up long enough for me to leave 2 whole comments!! I try all the time, but to no avail most days...
Your date night sounds like so many of ours, you just want to be together, even if it is at wal-mart! He he he!!! I love it! We're not the only old boring married couple =)
Can't believe the glue story and Lauren--okay, I can, but dang!! Talk about lucky!!
The biggest thing we all need to remember, each of us are only human doing our best each day, insecurities and all. Some of us are outspoken BECAUSE of our insecurities, so we all just need to love & understand & accept each other for who we really are--children of God. And if people are going to judge, let them think what they want, because it doesn't really matter as long as you're happy being you.
Man do I sound like my mom or what??? =)

ehjenn said...

Sorry for the second comment, just had to say: Walmart is ALWAYS a stop on our dates.
Also who is the guy singing on your blog. I am loving his voice.

Christal said...

Thanks tash your the best Imiss you!!
Jen its one republic! Good stuff!

Betsy said...

Looks like things are warming up a little up there in Canada! But I can't believe you went water skiing!!!

Sounds like a fun weekend!!