We did some fun things this weekend I went to town with Kolt but he he wanted to come home as soon as we got there then he wanted me to buy everything, so really it wasn't a break for me and really he should have stayed home and had a nap! Oh well live and learn right! I got my stroller though my little sister came to town and dropped it off. So excited D put it together and I love it!!! Can't wait for it totally clear up so I can get outside for now they had fun playing in the big box the stroller came in !!
Yeah for ebay and my sister in law for taking care of all the ordering and getting it here, my mom for picking it up and my sis for bringing it to town nice to have family who help out and I sure appreciate it!!
D and I went to a wedding reception sat night that was so nicely decorated {simple, yet classy I really liked it!} and we got to see some friends we haven't seen in a long time. After that we ran to the adult session of stake conference it was so good to be able to sit and listen no struggling with the kids to occupy them and we even got to hold hands and sit together that rarely happens anymore so it was nice. D had to speak early Sunday morning to the men so he was kind of preoccupied until he got his talk done with, but I'm sure he did an amazing job he always does. Sunday we went to stake conf which was a broadcast and my kids were so tired that it was hard to hear and we ended up in the hall alot.
But I'm sure it was good I got one phrase out of it that I can remember and maybe how I was feeling yesterday I really needed it, it was "have a house of ORDER" we are all trying aren't we!! The other thing I remember was smile and read my scriptures for at least five minutes a day so I got more out of it then I thought! Another highlight of the day was meeting CASSIE a fun, cute girl I've "met" through my blog it was so fun to meet her in real life. Nice to have friends that you've never met but share feelings and thoughts and get advice from its a blessing. I really enjoy it and the people I've met through my blog and can't wait to meet some more.
Then yesterday evening we went to a friends house for dinner it was nice to sit and talk and enjoy dinner together and let the kids play downstairs. Rebecca is a great cook too, so many talents that girl has. But we really enjoyed our time there relaxing and catching up and the kids had a lot of fun playing too. Nice to get out of the house.
So nice weekend despite the rain.
ME THINKS
So I've been thinking about the normal life things like being a better mother, trying new things in hopes that something will work great with the kids. Some you win, some you don't. Always trying is what counts right. We all just want our kids to grow up to be respectful, honest, happy, obedient hard working people right and we hope and pray that what we do everyday will produce that. Some days are harder then others but I think about it alot. One of the talks sat night was so good it got me thinking again about the things that matter. She said her son was playing soccer in the rain so he was drenched and muddy and jumped in puddles and then came into the house and she said her first thought was "ahh your on the floor your getting everything dirty and muddy etc. Then she says that thought passed and she said " WOW looks like you had so much fun I'm so glad !! etc. But you get the point sometimes its all in the reaction. What really matters the muddy floor??or my child had fun, felt good, came home uplifted and didn't get the what are you thinking clean up the floor, get your muddy clothes off. I want to be better at enjoying the minute and less worried about the dishes, the floors etc what matters in the long run? The children and how we treat them and make them feel is what matters the very most.
---------------------------------------------------
I'm reading The Story of The Martin Handcart Pioneers right now and I found this quote on marriage that I love written by {a newlywed pioneer named John Jaques}:
"Marriage is a wonderful thing, the wonder of wonders. It is a veritable garden of delights, of felicities unspeakable, a perennial fountain of the most exquisite sweetness, happiness, pleasures imaginable, a land of enchantment. The riches and honors of the world are nothing in comparison with it."
{ I read it to D and he says sounds like Anne of Green Gables to me ha ha Typical }
I just thought that was beautifully written. Although our days are filled and sometimes we hardly see each other D is my best friend and my favorite time of the day is just before we fall asleep talking, laughing and getting caught up on the day. Love it. Learning from each other, growing together, working together and building something that will have a lasting strong relationship from now through eternity takes a lot of work but so so worth it. Our happiest times are together now matter where it is.


10 comments:
Oh there's nothing like playing "imagine" in a BIG box on a rainy day. That picture is SO cute.
Love your stroller! Wow! They sure have some a long way since my day. That's a Cattilac! Nice. I bet you will have so much fun running too with the kids.
I loved the "House of Order" part in President Monson's talk too. He quoted my family's favorite growing up. My mom referred to it often. Mom and dad truly raised us with the motto in mind.
Very good marriage quote. Hmmmm......we just have to keep working at them to make sure they end up like that always, right?
And I really DO like the one from Helen Keller. I really could of used that one yesterday, I think.
I am SO jealous that Cassie got to meet you in person first. : D
Tanner loves boxes too! They are the best toy. We all get them these fancy new latest and greatest toys and all they really want is a box...who knew?? lol.
Conference was SOOO good. I loved it! That's so cute that you and D got to hold hands. So romantic.
We were going crazy by Saturday too and I finally said, "that's it, we're all going out and puddle jumping". It was the most fun we've had in a week or so. Clothes are washable, so who cares. Tanner loves the rain so we're lucky that he wants to play in the rain.
LOVED LOVED LOVED CONFERENCE!!! I balled... I love President Monson. Was it just me or did it feel like he was talking to just "you" :) The Church IS True... What can I say!? I loved ALL of the words of widsom for Canada's Conference. It was wonderful. ANNNNND I too am very honored and excited to say that I have been your 1st ever blogger pal to meet you in real life. You're truly a sexy Mama! Polka Dot Dress or Not! Meoooooowwww! I so hope we will have more opportunities to meet each other again soon. And not for just a few crazy minutes either. P.S Your little "L" is SOOOO adorable! Love her glasses and perfectly curled hair in pigtails.
Hooray for an awesome jogger! It is the best to have such great family members. Love the cute pic of Mase and Lauren in that box. I hope you are having a good week--my monday sucked but I'm sure the rest of the week will just get better. Well have fun. Thanks for the pop in visit even if it was probably intended for Livi...I still love visitors. Love you DJ
I love the picture of Mase and Lauren in the box. My kids are box crazy. We had the huge diswasher box for awhile and we just replaced it with the big bbq box.
I loved conference. It was soooo good. Even if it was hot and stuffy in that gym. I wish it was like general conference and I could go back and watch a few of the talks over again. Do you know if you can get a print of it later?
that is so funny that D even knows Anne of Green Gables. LOL. Mike would have no clue. Anyway, glad the rainy days are in the past!! My friend Mikaela said if you want to see her blog email her and she'll put you on the list. mikaelaselbe@yahoo.com
she said she's actually gotten a lot of requests for this from people she doesn't even know, but people read her blogs off of others. So she's thinking of going back public. Anyway, I told her about you so just email her. lol ttyl! L
Cute pics! I've been looking for a new stroller, to hold both kids... what kind is this? Looks awesome! I also LOVED your post below, so fun to get to know you better... wow moving 29 times in 32 years! you must be a pro!!
Ok, the picture of Masen and Lauren in the box is adorable!! They are seriously two of THE CUTEST kids!!
I love your quote on marriage and it DOES sound like Anne of Green Gables! I love that book (and movie!)
As far as having a house of order, I think that makes such a difference. If you have structure and order in your life, it seems so much less stressful. It is so neccessary for kids, too, I think.
Hope the rain stops soon!
Love the stroller! I love the indoor activites too. Your an awsome mom!
Wow, love the stroller. My little guy does that to me too...I should leave him home sometimes too when I am on my breaks...hope you have a good week.
Post a Comment