Friday, June 6, 2008

{ Favorite Things Friday }

Back by popular demand {j/k!!}! I ran out of favorite things for awhile but now I have a few more so Friday will either be flashback Friday or favorite things Friday what ever eh! SO anyway can't believe its Friday already. I went on a fun girls night with two of my sisters {missed you holli} it was so fun just to get out and talk and shop and just enjoy being together we don't do it near enough! We went to the mall, tried out the new Swiss chalet in town and watched 27 dresses it is so cute {a few to many swears for me} But a really cute movie! It had some great funny lines or sayings like this one:
Love is patient
Love is Kind
Love is slowly losing your mind!

{So funny kind of true some days right?}
I'm excited to go on another girls night with some friends next week too wow eh two, 2 weeks in a row it'll be fun! I woke up yesterday with I'm guessing pink eye its nasty and horrible timing since we are supposed to get new family pics done tomorrow but its actually supposed to rain about 95% so I'm pretty sure its going to rain us out anyways. But my eyes are killing me the kids and D have had it over a period of about three weeks now! So not fun! I hope it leaves soon!!

How disgusting is this. That is what pink eye looks like Nasty eh! creepy picture I know! So family pics are postponed I'm sad. Partly my eyes and partly supposed to rain 100% chance oh well soon enough.

So for FAVORITE THINGS this week I love::

I love these! why? well because for some reason the dry erase markers and sharpies seem to come out of there secret hiding place supposedly unknown to children to find themselves scribbling on the walls, coffee table, white kitchen cabinets yeah pretty much random everywhere places { I wasn't home for any of these "accidents" } But a swipe of one of these babies takes the marks right off! So they are one of my favorite things!

I have been reading this book about the stories of the Willie and Martin Handcart pioneers. I love it. It's a favorite because it makes you so appreciate all they went through, the struggles, all they gave up, the faith and endurance they had what trails they had losing family members starving to death, freezing to death. Its an awesome book and insight in there journey west!! We have different struggles and trials. But its amazing to read there journals and about their lives. I love history. I love to see how lives were lived and you never know that what you write today could help so many generations in the future. They never thought there entries and journey west would be read by so many, or that there endurance and strength spiritually would be a beckon and an example to all those who came after in our day. Love this book.


Flickr imgs.

My favorite summer salads here are some Recipes

Watermelon Strawberry and Blueberry Salad

cut the watermelon and strawberries bite size

add the blueberries

till you have the right mixture you want its a hit I promise!!
And looks so refreshing and is so yummy. A fruit dip to put on top is so good too:

Here is my fruit dip recipe:
1 pkg vanilla pudding
mix with a small amount of cool whip
and a small container of yogurt any flavor you choose
Put in fridge to set
Or here is another one:

Fruit Dip
2 cups cool whip
1 container strawberry yogurt
1/2 cup frozen strawberries {chopped small}
1 1/2 tsp grated orange rind
Mix ingredients until will blended put in fridge until ready to serve.

Fruit and pudding Salad

{This is from my sister Holli it is so good}

1 larg vanilla yogurt

1 pkg vanilla pudding {instant}

1 med container cool whip

Frozen fruit

Empty Vanilla yogurt & dry pudding powder into a bowl. Thoroughly stir until all powder is completely dissolved. Then add cool whip. {I usually mix with beater and make this portion of it the day before we need it. Then put frozen fruit in right before serving. It is so good!

Don't know about you all but we are ready for some favorite summer things BBQ's, parades, camping at a lake to water skiing, Knee board, and all that fun stuff {This is not a very good picture that's for sure but you get the idea. Darren is an awesome water skiier has skied since he was five and he and all his brothers {and sisters} are awesome its fun to watch!! So these are a few of our favorite things!!}
Hope everybody has a great weekend!!

9 comments:

JANEAL said...

Love, love, love magic erasers! They have been a life saver at my house too.

Lynn said...

I LOVE our favorite things. I will have to check out that book, but I too love history and any excuse to use my magic erasers. I have a good year supply on hand. Wouldn't want to be caught without one in an emergency. LOL!
Thanks for your recipe! I will have to change the Watermelon to a different fruit though. I don't know why, but I have never been able to "stomach" any melons of any kind. No honey dew, no watermelons, no melons at all. Weird, I know. They just taste SO strange to me. I DO however, LOVE the smell of watermelon flavored body creams and lip balm and gum, etc. Heavenly. Yup, I am twisted.
So sorry to hear about your pink eye. I have never had it, but I have heard it is QUITE contagious and so I am not surprised that your whole family has been passing it around. Hope you feel better soon and that you can still get your pics done.
HAve fun water skiing this summer! I haven't been since I was a teen.....don't think I could even do it anymore. I wouldn't have the strength to get up on them skis.
You look great on them!

Betsy said...

Oh my goodness.....your poor eyes! So sorry about that. I love your fruit recipes, though! I will definitely be trying those! YUUMMM!!

Hope you feel better soon!

Holly said...

LOve this post. I too am a big fan of the magic erasers! Man I hope your pink eye gets better. NO FUN! I'm excited to try that recipe. It looks fabulous! YUM! In the summer that's all I want to eat is fresh fruit! :) Thanks for sharing!!

Jill said...

I love how you do the different day of the week themes. So cute!
Sorry about the pink eye. That stinks. We were all plagued with it not too long ago as well. It's yucky. Hope it goes away soon!!
I love magic erasers too...and fruit salad, YUMMY!
Cute post!

Mandy said...

If you don't get a perscription for your pink eye, you can just use polysporin drops. I've had pink eye a couple times in my life and that's what we've always used. I hope it gets better soon.

Scrappy Girl said...

I absolutely HATE pink eye. I seem to get it just thinking about it. LOL! Get well soon!

Pancake said...

FAV things what a GREAT idea!! I LOVE the magic eraser! Is that not the best invention EVER! going to try those salads!

Jodi Pilling said...

OH Christal, your poor eyes!! They sure look sore. I hope they get to feeling better very soon. Thanks for the book recomendation. I have been wanting to read a good book latley and havn't been able to find one.