Monday, June 23, 2008

{ Me Thinks Monday }

i feel like i'm drowning some days i feel like there is so much to do sometimes- i don't know where to start. i feel like life gets so crazy we just pass and go. i feel like a single mom sometimes but i realize i have the a wonderful hard working husband who works hard and does all he can to balance life. i can't wait until school starts already in the fall {is that bad}. i'm having a hard time finding things for the kids to do to keep them from fighting or arguing some mornings. i'm trying hard to be calm when the whole box of cereal gets dumped on the floor. when the little boy pees on my floor after his bath. or when the big boy starts picking on my little babes cause he is bored and needs something to do. or the no listening to mom is driving me nuts what to do? i'm tired because the days are so so long, light wise and kids don't sleep very well when its hot and light even if you try to cover the windows.
Oh well its life right but that felt good to vent.
but we are happy, busy and healthy.
and that counts for a lot.

WHEN LIFE HANDS YOU LEMONS, MAKE LEMONADE.
RIGHT so that's what we are doing!

--------------------------------------------

Okay so this weekend was packed with a lot we had a ward bbq on friday night with some canoeing {and lots of mosquitoes} but it was a fun night and the kids had a lot of fun too. Saturday we got some yard work done. I ran to town to get some errands done {by myself wow eh} it felt good. I got a lot done and got the flower beds planted with snapdragons.
I love snapdragons they are so bright, strong and keeping going all summer. hopefully they will do alright i got a good deal on them cause they looked a little sad so will see.
Saturday D took care of the yard work and got pink eye again poor guy.
Sunday was busy as usual meetings and home teachers and in my single mother capacity again for a couple of days I took the kids on a walk and ended up at a friends house. my kids invaded and we ended up visiting and having dessert so it was a fun night even went on a direction walk {where you get to a corner and a kid picks left or right so we did that for an hour the kids loved it and learned directions ! hows that for multi tasking !} got home read for an hour and got the kids down only to have Masen up forever he just obviously doesn't need a lot of sleep the other two fell asleep right away. Oh well.
It was a nice Sunday.
-------------------------------------------
For random me thinks for this week this is a good one. I bought the book
"Tip- a- day guide for Healthy Living"

it got me really thinking how true this little tip was its a good book for life health- mentally, spiritually, and physically. So I might just start putting some tips on here from this book but today I really like
TIP # 41

DON'T COMPARE

"For some people it just won't sink in.Your body is amazing, miraculous, and wondrous. By simply comparing yourself to somebody else-be it looks, material possessions, or social interactions-you pile on unnecessary burdens and bring yourself down. Comparing yourself to somebody else isn't a positive experience. It isn't productive. And it doesn't motivate you to take better care of your body.

Focus on your positive attributes and learn to value the immeasurable worth of your mind, body, and spirit as they work together to create that perfect person: YOU!

Don't ever let your day be positive or negative on how you think you look. That rarely-if ever-matches what others think of us.

Don't waste time comparing yourself to anybody else today. Today, its not about how you look. It's about how you live. So straighten up and smile. You're about to have a really good day."

--------------------------------

I love it makes you think eh. I love little books like these that have little tips or thoughts on life. We compare so much in this day in age. We just have to live our best life and try not to compare to everybody. Live the best we can.

--------------------------------

Life is the sum of all your choices. ~Albert Camus

{choose to be happy and positive!}

Have a great week Make it an awesome one!

12 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love your tip. It's so true, but sometimes hard to remember! Thanks.

One thing about living down here is that it is dark by 9:00, even in the summer. I remember laying awake on summer nights, just knowing that my parents had forced me to go to bed too early! I always forget how late it stays light up there.

Alison said...

You are always so positive! Thank you for all your quotes and tips you share to get us all thinking of the positive It's a great boost! You're the best!

JANEAL said...

Loved the tip! Sometimes it's hard not to compare ourselves to others. It is not a good thing, it just gets you down. We have to remember that everyone is different and we all have our strong points.

Scrappy Girl said...

Oh my goodness, sounds like we are having the same kind of day. I was thinking about what my daily post would be about and I thought I might need to vent. I think you beat me to it! LOL I loved the tip! Comparing is easy to do and VERY difficult to stop.

Deidre said...

I've had that same kind of day. Last week I was loving summer and today, I was wishing for school - who knows tomorrow - haha.

Love the tip!

Lynn said...

Oh that book needs an award! Sounds like a really good one. Loved what you shared thus far from it (that's a hint for more please.) : D

Sorry you are having some of those bad "mom days". I truly know what you are talking about when everything seems SO overwhelming and never gets done because someone had the "bright idea" to only make each day 24 hours. When I get to create my own worlds....I will make each day at least a week long! Well, maybe not.....the hard days might be a little shorter. So we'll have some great week long days and only 10 minute bad days. How's that? Want to come and live on my world? I know. I such a nut. : S

Hang in there. It will be fall before you know it.
Post a pic of your snap dragons. I bet they look awesome!

Mandy said...

I love that tip. I went to my Mom's R.S. night a month or 2 ago and one of the speakers talked on that and I just loved it so much. It's so easy to compare ourselves to other and I think most people are at fault for doing that. Check out Sarah's blog for my suggestions on getting the kids to sleep and or to bed.
I find when T get's ornery or grumpy, if we just go outside or change the activity, it helps a lot. If the kids end up outside all day, great. They'll probably even sleep a bit better from all the fresh air. I hope your day goes better. I sure admire your ability to be a great mother to all your kids. I can only imagine how hard it is at church and I wanted to come over and help you but then I saw the Bennett's there helping. You're a strong woman and you are such a great person...at least I think you are.

Betsy said...

Ok so I went to Cutest Blog on the Block today and decided to try one of their backgrounds for the first time...just needing a facelift on my blog. I saw the one you had and I thought...no, Christal has that one. So I picked a different one. Then I hopped over here and it's this one!!! Oops! You changed yours!! haha Great minds think alike, right? Oh well, I'm getting a new one soon anyway.

I know what you mean about trying to stay calm in the midst of kid chaos. Don't worry...all moms feel that way! You make it through. Just make sure to make time for you!

Holly said...

You are my favorite!! I LOVE seeing on my bloglines that you have posted. It always makes me think, and makes me feel better about the day ahead! Great tips... I hope there is more to come!

Kimberly said...

To answer your question, we are flying in on Thursday afternoon. Our plane lands at 12:22 in Calgary. We leave Orlando at 6:30 a.m., which is icky, but we will be at the farm by a decent time that way.

Anonymous said...

hopefully the rest of the week goes a little better. it seems like these next two weeks are crazy. our calendar is full of Bevans things so we will be seeing alot of each other. hopefully it helps entertain the kids too!!! we have been doing a lot of fun things lately so it's been great. i can't believe june is almost over. july has a lot happening too!!! i love summer. sounds like a good book you got. I think i have looked at it before. keep posting tips... have a great day!!! love ya

Anonymous said...

p.s. if rus or my mom don't need my help that Tuesday, Madi and I are there for the parade/BBQ for sure!!! sorry we are so non commital. i hate that....