Friday, June 13, 2008

{ Thankful Thursday }

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. ~William Arthur Ward
A Day late for the first time {and longest post ever probably!} First of all I'm thankful Thursday is over! Really i am it was a long busy day but ended on 2 great things. I've been a single mom this week D just got back from Florida where he had work meetings, {So thankful he was safe the whole time I always worry when he's gone that something will happen} anyway he got to do some fun things like go on an air boat ride, skeet shooting and enjoy the warm warm sun.
I on the other hand had rain, hail, wind and cranky kids. A flooded storage room in 3 inches of water cause the sump pump wasn't working. Thankful I don't have a basement when that happened!!! Why do these things happen when D is gone??
Yesterday I went to town for the morning to try to finish my bedroom. I got it all changed around D had gotten me new everything for the bed for mothers day and my goal was to have it done by fathers day and before he came home. But it didn't get done decoration wise I wanted a really nice picture over the bed that involved water but I couldn't find a nice one. But the room feels so much better, brighter and calmer and definitely cleaner! I can't wait to have it all done.

Then I spent the entire afternoon making smartie cookies for the primary kids to give to there fathers for fathers day. So thankful it is all done!!! OUR ward doesn't do anything for the fathers since I was in YW 3 years ago was the last time we did them. Anyway so I made 60 cookies and wrapped them all. But its done and now the fathers will at least get a little recognition. What do some of your wards do for fathers day???? Men deserve just as much recognition for fathers day as women do for mothers day.

Then the best thing about the day was D got home YEAH! Then an hour later i went on a girls night with a couple friends it was nice to sit and just talk and relax. I really enjoyed getting out of the house after the last four days.
-----------------------------------------------
So some things I'm thankful for this week is that Lauren dries her own hair and it saves me time!

I'm so thankful SOCCER and BASEBALL are over life will be alot easier then going out four times a week although I don't think I ever did with all the rain and cancelled games and bye's but the main thing is KOLTEN had fun and learned alot and did really good! Love his face in this pic he has a wicked throwing arm! Thankful another project got done from my list this week.You know when you have a list of things you've wanted to do for awhile and then when you accomplish it it feels good. I'm just thankful that I am busy and that things are getting done and accomplished. Thankful that my kids are healthy, strong. Thankful that my husband is home and safe.

SO THANKFUL SOCCER IS DONE FOR THE SEASON THAT WAS ALOT OF WORK being the secretary was alot harder this year then last but actually I learned alot!!

--------------------------------

Flashback Friday

Thought I'd throw in a question for Friday so the question today is

Tell about a favorite Trip or Vacation.

I would have to say driving across America from here to FLORIDA seeing all the different states was definitely up there with the kids and D and staying and eating for free {well company paid anyway} was so fun to see MT Rushmore, church sites, the arch, Nashville, all of it. Staying for three months in Florida was hard in a little house with three kids and D working hard and long. But weekends were fun Disney World, sea world cocoa beach Kennedy space center met some super nice people and learned alot about bugs and such. It was fun.

Another trip D and I went on was to PEI in Canada cape Breton and Halifax and sailed on the bluenose and went to Peggy's cove and lunenburg. DJ won a trip and kindly gave it to us to use we had so much fun together we camped at KOA did the Anne of green gables tours, spent evenings on the beach at sunset. We drove alot but saw so much so worth it if you ever have the chance its beautiful and fun to see different culture and way of life! It was so fun it was probably the last time we got away together on a trip not related to work. Loved it. Love spending the time together!

Another favorite trip was going to GERMANY with my mom in 2006 it was awesome a highlight of my life so far loved it!! I learned alot that I could plan something and it all worked out I booked it all and we had such an incredible time. WE were in attendorn, Heidelberg and took the train to Berlin. Saw the Berlin wall remains Jewish memorial, took a boat down the Reine river, saw Hitlers bunker, checkpoint charlie. I only wish we could have gone to Auschwitz. I love history and have read so many books on the wars and life it was an incredible, humbling, learning experience. Loved it!! Here are a few pics from there!

Excuse the eyes they were horrible over in Germany. dang allergies.

Berlin Wall

Old castle in AttendornMe and my ma in Heidelberg autobahn

Well how's that for the longest post ever eh!! Have a great weekend make it a great one!!

Does anybody have any great fathers day gift ideas??

8 comments:

Holly said...

How fun to travel like that!! I agree with you 100% I don't think our ward does anything for the Dad's either. Crazy. Your cookies look great!

Jill said...

Fun post! Sorry about the storage room, that stinks. And isn't it crazy how things happen when the husband leaves. Ahhhh...stressful! Good thing today is a new day, huh!
Our ward doesn't do anything for Father's day either. So the RS Pres took charge and asked a bunch of us to bake cookies for them as well. Then the YW will pass them out. They for sure deserve something as well!!!! That was nice of you to do your whole ward!!

Jackie S. said...

Hey, I just wanted to thank you for all your kind words....it's SOOO nice having someone there cheering me on that has been down the same road that I'm on right now. Thankyou!!!

Jackie S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn said...

"Murphy's Law" they call it. Your husband leaves town and all ________ breaks loose. So sorry that you had to deal with a flood in storage room! Yikes! I would have just sat down and added to it with my tears. : D

Those cookies are AWESOME! You are a doll to do that. We bought the measuring tapes for our dads at the Dollarama store here. We have some amazing $1.00 stores! I buy most of my goods there. IT's all great quality. Just a dollar each. For EVERYTHING. Somethings are even multiples for $1.00. You can't beat that!

Lauren looks SO grown up blow drying her hair. Look out when she is a teenager. You might want to consider her having her own bathroom. LOL!

Your bedroom looks Gorgeous!! Love the mirror. And I especially love your project you just finished. That is SO my style.

THanks for sharing your trip pics. I too am a history nut. I find it fascinating that we all come to live on this here planet earth.....but it's SO different for all cultures, seasons, place and time. IT just depends on where you are born and who you are born too. Interesting.

Thanks SO much for your prayers and concern for my brother and for your comments on my blog. Love ya'

P.S. Sorry this is long...gotta run....but needed to tell you that I left a message with Cass to pick up those lids from you before you have to leave town this summer. Thanks!

Scrappy Girl said...

My hubby and I went to the Bahamas. We were so young and inexperienced travelers. We had a great time and learned alot about traveling.

Becca said...

Hey Christal, I love your new blog!! My siser in-law gave all the dads in our family a "Top Pop Award" the kids signed it, and it came with popcorn, pop tarts, and pop. I thought it was SO cute and sweet of her. One year our primary gave the dads a can of pop with a cute saying (sorry I can't quite remember, but I can find out if you're interested!!)Sorry, but it was cute! And our ward hands out Mr. Big chocolate bars and it might be on a paper tie!?! Angain, the memory isn't the best!!! Hopefully that helps a bit anyways! Have a good one!

JANEAL said...

Our ward usually gives all the Dads a candy bar with some little saying attached to it. My husband teaches sunbeams and me and his team teachers wife are going to teach their class for them tomorrow to give them a break.