Friday, September 26, 2008

{ Thankful Thursday a day late....}


Why because a certain phone company needs to be reported for horrible business practices. ITS seriously getting annoying without a phone or Internet! Its amazing how many times you think oh I'll just call so so then go oh yeah no phone. Same as I'll just go look it up. I realized though that a lot of our time is spent talking on the phone and doing stuff on the computer. We don't remember the days before phones were invented but I guarantee they got a lot more exercise then we do running to peoples houses to talk to them FACE TO FACE. And actually really it would be nice to do that sometimes. But not really ha ha cause i really want a phone and Internet in my house!
Hopefully things will get back to normal sooner then later!
Anyway I miss my blog catch up sessions and now I'm so so far behind I really miss it. It's funny cause sometimes I'll be doing something and start thinking about certain bloggers and how they are doing or what they are up to! So know that I'm thinking of you all even if I'm so far behind in commenting! there's the patient thing again I'm still working on that. always.
Well things are going good its so so nice to have all the space for that I am so THANKFUL and it feels so clean, I think I'm reaching overboard OCD trying to keep it all clean and shiny dusted fingerprint free so it never gets gross and dirty don't' worry it will fade I think when we've been in it longer! It will still be really clean but not ocd clean. It would be just nice to always have it feel so so clean. I love it.
I'm having a hard time keeping my life on track and have been forgetting to be somewhere at the right time I'm lost without my daily calender that's usually on my fridge {speaking of fridges btw SO THANKFUL our "NEW" fridge made it safely into the house yesterday. Finally. The delivery dudes almost dropped it off the stairs up to the house I had to leave till they had it in the house! But I'm loving it.
Thankful for the greatest thing ever to keep masen in his bed at night a door lock put on backwards so it locks into the hall going into his room not sure why we never thought of it in our old house. But let me tell you its made a complete difference!!!!! So a little background He is a boy who won't go to bed and gets out like 30 times a night for no reason at all, he now goes to bed tries once or twice to come out {I think he just thinks I'm holding the doorknob} then he goes to bed and falls right to sleep. AND nap time is a dream he tries once maybe to come out can't and goes to sleep. I unlock it as soon as he is asleep for sure.
SO for that I'm so THANKFUL because it makes me a better more patient mother with a little help! WHY didn't I do it earlier ???
I'm so THANKFUL for the people that have taken my kids over the past week for the day for the hour for a break to the park to give me time to get things done with the house! I so so appreciate it, THANKFUL to those who brought us dinner thank you thank you thank you to everybody! and to those that helped move us. There are so many good people in this world who give of themselves over and over again. It is so appreciated.


-----------------------------

Anyway I'm just thankful for my family and my husband this week especially.
D and I have some friends and the husband is very sick and they have three kids and had to tell their children that they might not have much time together as a family here on this earth. It breaks your heart. D spoke about them in his talk last Sunday, about how would that change our lives, how would it change our relationships and what would we do different. What becomes the important things in life? Sometimes we take things so much for granted, we need to love where we are or make the changes to be happy where we are at this time in life, we need to love who we are with and live each day like its our last.
What would you do different? Makes me think anyways.

----------------------
Have a great weekend. enjoy every minute.

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity.... It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow."

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh, I am So thankful for phones and internet.....there is NO way that someone would want to just run over to my house unannounced and talk to me face to face somedays. Halloween is not for another month! LOL!

That is an awesome idea about putting locks on the doors in reverse. I can just hear the relief in your "voice" about that one. It truly would be a lot easier in getting things done while he naps, eh?

It's good to hear that you have a lot of good friends around you, helping you out. I was thinking about that a LOT this week, when I didn't hear from you. I knew that you were up to your eye brows in moving and working and cleaning.

So true...."Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life". You always seem to be FULL of gratitude and therefore it only makes sense that you are FULL of life. Love it.

Happy Weekend! Looking forward to the Women's Broadcast. Our Stake is having a "death by chocolate" buffet before the broadcast. YUM! : D

Holly said...

That is too funny about the lock and Masen! lol. Great thinking. I know we really take alot for granted until we are without right?! Hope you get your phone and internet up and going soon... we are missing you in the blog world! :) Have a great day!

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness Christal...I am so glad I am not the only one that "locks" my son in his room at night. Of course, I unlock, and even open his door once I know he is asleep!!
Glad to hear you are in your new house! Check out my blog soon...I may finally update it today or tomorrow!

Alison said...

Glad you're back! Thanks for the great thoughts on making each day count and thinking how we would do things different if we knew our time was limited. That's something I've been thinking a lot about. It's so important to have gratitude and enjoy each minute we have with our precious families. Thank you!

Adventure girl said...

"Thank you" for thankful thursdays!

LindsayB said...

i'm slowly starting to let up on the ocd of a new house. i think i have swept and mopped the kitchen floor more in the past month than the entire last year. hope you are settling in and loving it!

Scrappy Girl said...

I love the "clean" feel of a new home. I made over Manga Dork's room this week and I can't quit looking at it. She hasn't moved in yet because of the fresh paint smell...it looks untouched and straight out of a catalog. Not for long though...