
I'm am so thankful for this earthly experience we get to have the life we are given, the tests and challenges we are given. I went to a funeral today it was a beautiful funeral as far as funerals go. It totally made me think about what we do now each and every day how much it counts. I sat there with tears and wondered
WHAT WOULD BE SAID AT MY FUNERAL?
{what do I hope is said at my funeral well I'm working on that each day hopefully it will be good}
The funeral was for our stake presidents wife who passed away last week they have 8 children, she has 8 brothers and sisters and many many friends so many that it filled the church the cultural hall and was broadcast into the gym. It made my heart ache for the family.
For the children, for the grandchild, for her husband and for all that knew her. She was way to young. She had Cancer.
For the children, for the grandchild, for her husband and for all that knew her. She was way to young. She had Cancer.
She served, loved, taught, supported, cheered on, raised eight awesome kids. Had a beautiful loving marriage and was an example to everyone. Obviously she was needed on the other side and has a great work ahead of her. But it doesn't make it any easier on those left behind.
Such an awesome family though.
There was such a feeling of peace and the music was beautiful the last song made me cry and made me realize how thankful I am to KNOW that there is a plan, that we WILL see our loved ones again and that we can be together forever.
That our purpose on this earth is to live life to be tested, to choose the right and make it back to our Heavenly Father who loves us so much that he provided a way for us to make it back to him. What greater love is there? Then that.
To serve, to bless, to be THANKFUL for all we have and thankful for the family we are.
I am SO thankful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
-----------------------------
I am so THANKFUL for friends.
for hugs.
for the times when you feel yucky and your 3 year old tells you your beautiful.
For Sunday naps.
for wet kisses.
for a new house.
for the way things come into place when they are supposed to.
for school.
for learning.
for books.
for adoption.
for Kolten.
for Lauren.
for Masen.
for answered prayers.
and for number four somewhere out there hopefully.
for D.
for the temple.
for hard work.
for doctors.
for beautiful music.
for blessings.
for blogs.
for new people and friends.
for FAMILY.
I am just very thankful for everything. Especially today.
Life is short.
Life is short.
Make the most of the time you have.
Every second and every minute counts.
Hug a little tighter. Laugh a little longer. Yell a little less. Forget about the mess.
and remember that the very most important things are those that depend on us the very most.
our children.
and
our families.
--------------------
{FYI::: If you live around here a friend and I are having a
Garage Sale. This Sat 9-12 my house.
I've been going through a lot of stuff and getting rid of lots so come.
There is some scrapbook stuff, lots of frames, chairs, books, clothes, decorations, mattresses, toys, etc, etc! So come check it out! }
--------------------------
Have a great weekend. Make it a great one.


10 comments:
I wish I could be there for your garage sale! I will let Cassie know about it. Good luck! Make it a great day.
I LOVE garage sales. We use to hold one every single spring right up until this year. Then it got too crazy. Going to have to have one again soon. So much fun to make money in stead of throwing it away. One man's junk is CERTAINLY another man's treasure.
I am so sorry about your Stake President's wife. I am thankful for your post. I need to go and post me a list and count MY blessings. I have been forgetting to make a mental note of mine lately. I think writing it down will be good.
HAve an AWESOME weekend.
Thanks for the reminder that life is short. Sometimes we do need to step back and remember what is important.
I would LOVE to come to your garage sale! What is your address?
I'm so sorry to hear about your stake president's wife! It does make you stop and thank God for the life you have when something like that happens!
Good luck with your yard sale!
this post made me very thankful too. thank you!
Can I read a blog today without crying? That is the question of the day. Beautiful post. I wish I could be a more thoughful writer. Write about stuff that really matters instead of just day to day stuff. Maybe I should try to be a little deeper. Ahh, who am I kidding. Maybe I'll try in the new year to post more meaningful posts. Anyway, I'll ttyl and I'll try to be there tomorrow. Save me your scrapbooking stuff. LOL. L
Life IS short...thanks for the thoughts. Hope your yard sale goes great!
What a great post Christal! You are so positive and share such uplifting thoughts. What a thought-provoking question, what would be said at my funeral?
Best of luck with your move, your new house is beautiful! How exciting! And such cute pictures of Kolten on his first day of school. Our kids are growing up aren't they?!
Here from Scrappy girl. Such a thoughtful blog. I look forward to being inspired:)
Oh man...I love yard sales...why can't we live closer. Hopefully it went well and you made lots and lots of moolah.
you probably don't know me and i know that this is an older post but i read it when you wrote it and thought that i would talk to you in person the next time i saw you but i still havn't so i came back to it. my name is brooke byam and i am peggy's daughter and i just want to tell you how much i appreciated your post. it means alot to me and i have thought about it alot. it was very kind of you. i don't have a blog but i do read your from time to time because i find it very uplifting. thank you again for your kind words.
Post a Comment