Thursday, September 18, 2008

{ Thankful Thursday }

So I thought it was supposed to be fall but apparently summer decided to swing back full force it was so hot today and now my kids won't go to sleep and are all in there underware pretty much!! It is hot! I guess really I should be thankful for it since before we know it it will be winter again! UGG!!
SO Today I am having a hard time finding things to be thankful for .
It started off with a Parent Council meeting which was fine but I had to leave early cause my sitter had to go so I felt bad leaving but that's life. I also felt a little overwhelmed with everything that is going on today and my to do list is so long. And my kids so grouchy probably cause I am so grouchy. I have to speak on Sunday to in church on what you ask oh that would be "Restoring Faith in the Family" great topic for me this week

I might need a little restoring after this week!!

Anyway the day only got worse not naming any specific "accidents" that may have happened today the kind that make your stomach sick and you can't decide whether to laugh or cry.
I'm pretty sure I did both! Oh well such is life we chose to laugh about it together and say what can you do and move on--- crap happens sometimes right! Its what you do with it.
Maybe someday I'll fill you in.

Besides that I was a little late getting Kolten after school but he had something on anyway at the school so I wasn't to worried about it but he forgot he had it today and was waiting for me. SAD. His teacher probably thinks I'm the worst mother in the world! Its okay cause I pretty much felt like one!!!
Its just been a crazy day! Cranky kids, all day in town, one diaper, unfinished business, didn't even get done everything I needed too and boxes and stuff half here half there.
I will be so THANKFUL {wow look I found some thank fullness in this crazy day!!} TO be all moved in ONE house with all my stuff in ONE place and feel more organized then I feel right now! I am a grouchy girl !! D would probably trade me away this week!

-----------------------------------

Really though I am so thankful Lauren is loving school, she is so cute about it. I went to pick her up the other day and her teacher and a parent helper starting laughing and preceded to tell me that poor lauren accidentally mooned everybody when she got up to do the weather or something, which really is nothing new the poor girl has no hips and a belt or the elastic waist never seem to help either! But they said she didn't seem to notice nor did the kids so I think it was all good and gave the teachers something to laugh about obviously eh!
I'm also Thankful that I get some Masen alone time he didn't know what to do without Lauren the first day alone! It took him an hour before he would play and stop wondering around going "where Lauren go" so cute that he missed her.

---------------------------------------
This is random but I am Thankful for the beautiful art work of Simon Dewey.
He lives near us and paints alot of people around here its kind of fun to see people you know in the faces of his artwork!! D's cousin and her husband were painted as mary and joseph a couple of years ago all beautiful artwork!!! He is amazing!
Anyway my Sister in Law Jen is on the new cover of the book called "A women at the well". I have seen the big canvas print of it and it is stunning. I guess it means alot more too when you know who it is. She had told me about this book quite awhile ago and I have been looking for it but I guess it just came out. Anyway it is out now in deseret books! check out the beautiful cover of the book and the pictures all through the book. There is supposed to be a picture of Jesus' feet in it too and those would be my brother in laws feet! So now she is "famous" to us anyway and so are my brother in laws feet lol!!



Anyway there really is something to be thankful for in every day. Sometimes its digging deep to find it but its always there cause we are a very blessed people, with so much to be thankful for.

Have a great weekend!! Make every minute count!

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Girl.....I am THANKFUL that you are NORMAL! I was beginning to wonder. : D

Not that I wish a bad day on ANYONE! LOL! Just know that I would come over and give you a big hug if I lived closer......and then I would have you give me your to do list and get started on several of your jobs for you. That's what friends do.

So sorry I can't be there. Chin up! Tomorrow is another day.

Funny story about Lauren.
Great story about Simon Dewey! I love his work. I have one of his pieces in my living room.

Here's to a better week!!!! *wink*

Unknown said...

Sounds like we had simliar days friend. Hang in there...your new house is GORGEOUS...it will be SO wonderful to be in one place. My prayer is that a little baby will come soon and help fill up that home. Love to you on this Thursday.

Anonymous said...

((((HUGS)))) Hope that next week goes a bit better. If you need some time one morning while the kiddies are at school I can take Masen for you for a bit if you would like. Honestly, I don't mind at all!

Christopher Susov said...

I love love love reading your blog. You have such a tender grateful heart. It's easy to feel like a failure when you have so much going on but you are a freaking amazing mom! Don't forget that in the tough times. You've had a lot going on lately so don't be too hard on yourself. You're doing a great job.

Christopher Susov said...

sorry that last comment was from Sara Slagle Susov - I thought it would post as our blog :(

DJ said...

Hey Christal, it's good to see you saw some things to be grateful for in your day yesterday...ahh--that was crazy--I feel for you guys!! Oh well those things come and go. Soon you can laugh it off and not even recall what was lost! At least you have a roomie, nice new home! It's beautiful! I am very happy for you guys. Jennirae is a classic beautiful girl--that book looks awesome!
Also you can probably click on my name and see that I failed at my attempt to give up blogging.
Well enjoy the new home and if you need any help unpacking or moving more things over you can call me.

Alison said...

We all have days like that (my morning yesterday was like that). So sorry for you though, they're not so fun! That's the great thing about families though is that they love us anyway! Hope things get better and you get all moved in and unpacked. That book looks like a neat one and the cover is beautiful. Keep on a keepin' on. Hugs! :)

Tiffany said...

Hey girl, it was fun to run into you the other day at Costco. Sorry to hear about your little accident. Hope you have a much better week.

JANEAL said...

That's neat that it's your SIL on the cover of the book. I love Simon Dewey's artwork! I hope your week gets better!