Monday, April 7, 2008

{ Death and Music}


This is my little brother Soren {on the right making the GQ face} Anyway his friend Sterling {in the middle} passed away in his sleep a few days ago. He was just married in August in California my bro was one of his best man. A good friend to Soren and a great example.
Its just so sad when someone is taken so suddenly and so young it breaks my heart. Just want my brother to know he's in my prayers and that I love him. I don't know Sterling or his family, but their family and his wife are in our prayers too. So sad. Thank goodness for the Gospel and the plan of salvation and the knowledge that we will all see our loved ones after this life. So blessed we are. You just never know.
~What we leave behind in our lives may help someone else find the way~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FYI::::Just have to share this with you all it's awesome this music (http://www.theneighborhoodjukebox.com/) go to inspirational section scroll to the bottom and listen to When thou carries me, grateful praise and living water) SO SO good makes me cry. Jenn (see link of favs) you are the women so full of talent, so beautiful. I love music like this that speaks to your soul. Jen has an amazing voice and just went down to Utah to record these singles for Sara Lyn Baril who lives here in town too. So talented. Jenn beautiful music your voice is amazing. I love these songs. I love love music that has meaning, spirit, and a message. Listen to them you won't be disappointed!!

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! I had no idea that you were connected to Sterling too. His family is in our ward and my husband and I have been busy doing whatever we can to help out. Christal you never cease to amaze me. We seem to be connected in SO many ways and yet we have never really met.....or HAVE we? Hmmmmmm........
I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have this this life was NOT the beginning NOR is it the end. I will keep your brother in my prayers and thoughts. We truly hope that he finds peace along with all of Sterling's family and his dear sweet wife.
He obviously was one of the best to have been taken home at such a young age. His mission and purpose has already been completed. Amazing young man he was and is!

ec said...

so sad.

i my thoughts and prayers are with his family and especially his new bride.

Holly said...

That is heart breaking. What a good looking group of kids! We are truly blessed to have the gospel... aren't we!

Betsy said...

I am so sorry to hear that! It really makes you stop and think about how quickly life can be taken when someone so young passes away. It changes your perspective on everything! I will pray for him and his family. So sad!!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear of this loss. Life is too short sometimes. I'll remember his family in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Lynn said...

Ok....please help Christal. I don't understand the last part where you just posted FYI. I have looked for the song on Jenn's blog as well as yours. I still don't see where to find the song. Please help. : S

T. Lopez said...

Wow, that is so sad! Shocking, really. I, too, will keep his family & new wife, & Soren in my prayers.

T. Lopez said...

Man what a busy little blogger you've been! I have so many other comments to make on your other posts, but I already used up my alotted 7 minutes (plus a few more) reading them all! Your new look is too cute, how did you do it? I love to read your words, you put emotion into everything you do, I love it! Love YOU Christal Lee!!

Christal said...

Lynn I changed it for you but it was just a link from this music if you clicked on that! Hopefully this is easier now maybe I didn't make sense!maybe I still don't! ttyl

Mandy said...

Hey Christal,
Thanks for posting that. There are several other people that have posted about him or the circumstance. Who knew that he had reached and touched so many people's lives. It really makes you think about what kind of impact you have on other people's lives. In the words of President Hinckley it makes you want to "stand a little taller". Check out my blog. I'm having a littel card give away.

Lynn said...

Thanks Christal! You are a doll! I heard both songs. You people there in your ward ARE SO BLESSED with such talented people. Jenn has an AMAZING voice. I would love it, if my kids in primary had a music conductor like her. What an awesome opportunity for her, eh? Your ward should have a fun "Idol" night. : D

Anonymous said...

Jenn is AMAZING!! That is incredible--her kids are so lucky to get to hear that voice every day! I wish I could sing like that! Tear jerker songs too. WOW! I'm SO impressed!
Have a good trip down and we'll see you Thursday and we'll have a fun day Friday--hit up some Targets and Old Navy's along the way...hopefully still get home in good time! YAH!! Thanks for Everything CB! Love You, Dojo

ehjenn said...

My heart is just aching for this young woman and his mother and father, siblings, and friends. How hard. I pray they will be alright.
Thank you so much for your words. You are so kind. I really needed to hear it.
Christal you such a wonderful person. I love reading your blog. It is always so uplifting. Your posts and also all the comments.

Anonymous said...

Wow Christal! I didn't know you had all this on here. I've sure enjoyed reading your blogs. You're a busy gal!

That is really sad about your brother's friend. And you are so right about the gospel. Thank goodness for the hope that brings and for the knowledge we have. I don't know how other people deal with these kind of tragic situations without it. My heart sure goes out to his dear wife. What a hard thing for her especially. I can't even imagine how she must be feeling.

I wanted to mention what you said about this new online Jukebox (http://theneighborhoodjukebox.com)where we can all hear Jenn Ehlert's wondful voice! We actually went down to record my new single "When Thou Carries Me" (on the Jukebox as well). The other two "Living Water" and "Grateful Praise" were just demos. (so don't forget to hear her on that song too!) Greg Hansen (my producer) was wowed by her talent and so glad I brought her down with me! "When Thou Carries Me" will be available as a free download here in the next few weeks for those on my mailing list (go to http://www.saralynbaril.com to join!) I hope to have Jenn sing alot more of my songs. It was sure a fun trip down, right Jenn? (two van loads of 8 children to Utah, what's not fun about that!?) The Jukebox is just the beginning of where you'll be able to hear Jenn's incredible voice! She'll definitely be a great addition to my next album (in the works):)