So I thought I would do these both so you have something new to look at ha ha! So for THANKFUL THURSDAY I'm so so thankful for my extended family -brothers and sisters, parents especially, sometimes we take our relationships in our own families for granted after the last post it makes me more thankful and aware of the shortness of life, sometimes out of the blue, sometimes out of tragedy and sometimes because of neglect and not making time for extended family a note, a phone call, just making the time to do it. I need to do better a lot better. I have 5 great brothers and sisters all in different stages of life and all have there own trials and situations. I hope they do know how much I love them. {Your family and your love must be cultivated like a garden. Time, effort, and imagination must be summoned constantly to keep any relationship flourishing and growing.-- Jim Rohn} {Here are some pics of my bro sisters and parents love them!}
When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses. -- Joyce Brothers or this one is kind of funny cause we all feel like this sometimes right?? Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.-- George Burns
I'm thankful for fridge locks ha ha Masen spilt a gallon of milk on the floor, squashed strawberries and strawberry syrup everywhere within two days! I had enough so I bought a lock and saved my energy of telling him to get out of the fridge it was a classic to see his face when he couldn't get into it!! A time saving, mess saving, beautiful invention that I'm so thankful for ha ha!!
I'm thankful that Masen hasn't ever gotten really sick from all the gross and disgusting things he has eaten or put in his mouth let me list them for you warning some are really gross { how about dipping a couple toothbrushes in the toilet and brushing his teeth ---after Lauren just peed in it!! Disgusting!or sucking on the toliet cleaner brush gag me yuck yuck and yuck!Or picking up deer poop and eating it like its candy or eating cigarettes off the beach and swallowing it before we could get to him, or eating somebody else's chewed gum from the garbage at church, or eating a rotting apple from the ground covered in ants --- This is our SAMPSON HOUDINI -- (aka Masen) who is quicker, stronger and sneakier then any children with constant supervision should be!! And you wonder why my children nap for 3 hours every afternoon that's why they are still alive!! j/k But some days--- I'm thankful he hasn't done this at least {I saw this on the Internet and had a good laugh I had to share with you all and it made me thankful that Masen hadn't done that at least!{I need to say though that he may be a handful sometimes but he is the cuddliest,sweetest boy and so good really he is just busy and has a zest for life that keeps going and going but we sure love him! Thank goodness he has never done this:::
I'm just thankful for the most precious things in life and that is my relationships with my husband, my children, my parents and brothers and sisters and in laws, friends, all family --all of them. Not much else matters much if the things most important and close to us aren't taken care of, nourished and worked on to make them better and stronger!
----------------------------------------------------------
Okay for Flashback Friday
Question :Tell about the last time you laughed so hard that it made you cry.
Okay that would have to be last weekend D was finishing painting the baseboards in the living room. So to keep the kids out we put our kitchen table on its side to block the kids from coming in. So D steps over the table to get some lunch makes a sandwich and without looking turns to go into the living and trips right over the table and lands on the living room floor. I'm thinking he is hurt cause he doesn't move I move the table a bit and his legs which had landed right in front of the table didn't move {if he had been hurt they would have landed on the floor when I moved the table} then I knew he was joking his sandwich was still in his hand in the air. He rolls over totally laughing and says "Ya I forgot the table was there" I laughed so hard I cried it was so funny this grown man tripping over a table and landing on the floor {maybe you had to be there} But it was so funny to us we just sat there and laughed I really couldn't believe that he did that he just turned around and dead dropped onto the floor right over the table.
"Laugh as much as you breath and love as long as you live."
Have a great rest of the week I'll post pics when I get back!!
ps Happy birthday Mandy !!
pss next week is my 100th post coming up {i think this is post number 96} so make sure you check back and I'll have a drawing when that day comes I'll post the pic of what when the day comes.
Thanks too for all the great comments over the past you all are so awesome I'm so thankful for friends and new friends I have yet to meet there are so many great people out there. We all are different but so much the same ! We all have feelings, thoughts, all have our own trials and we all have a need to be heard and loved, supported and appreciated!
Well have a great week make it a great one!!




6 comments:
LOL!!!!ROTFL!!!!! Christal....you described the scene with D on the floor SO well, that I can picture it and you two laughing so hard. That was really good. Too funny.
I am So happy that the two of you can get away this weekend, just the two of you. I am SO jealous. Have a really good relaxing time.
I am amazed at ALL that Mason does. I can see he is a real HANDFUL. But I bet he is a real doll though. I sure wish I could of seen his face when you put that fridge lock on.
I loved the pics of your family. You MUST tell me what your brother's name is....the one on the far left. I swear I know him from somewhere. HE looks SO familiar.
Thank you Christal for the birthday wishes. Matt does things like that all the time. He really keeps laughter in our relationship alive and overflowing. I too am so grateful for families...and not just imediate family. I think a lot of times we forget about cousins and Aunts and everyone else that make up a family. I think too, that close, personal friends help make up a family.
I hope you have/had a great weekend and we'll see you when you get back.
that's hilarious!
and enjoy your time away ... really enjoy it.
so thankful for your blog...such a pick up for me;) thanks christal!
I love how positive you are, I always come away from your blog a better person, feeling uplifted! Have a safe drive! :)
Enjoy your trip. I LONG for a trip, ALONE, with my husband! ;) Also, I am with you on "at least they haven't done that." my house is MADD...but luckily no toilet sitting.
Loved this post! It just made my day :) Gorgeous Family Pics! Black and White WILL ALWAYS be timeless.
Post a Comment